Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2002, 12:40 PM   #1
Maniac
Dungeon Master

Ok, I have the planar sphere and I've had my apprentices make the Wand of the Apprenti and the Meteor scroll (the girl died - so sad.) Anyway, which is better, the ring of Wizardry or the Staff of Power? I chose the ring, because I love magic missile, and partly because of the 6500 gold difference. is there anything really great about the staff?
Old 01-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

No, no need in getting the Staff of Power. It doesn't even come near the Staff of the Magi.

But, spoiler,
>the Ring of Wizardry doesn't give you extra level 1 spells like it did in BG1. Instead it gives one extra spell to levels 5, 6, and 7 IIRC.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 02:03 PM   #3
Maniac
Dungeon Master

Oh... Well, stupid me.

But the Ring of Wizardry and the Ring of Acuity will make a kick-ass combo for my mage! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Oh, and are there any Amulets besides the Metaspell Influence Amulet (which he has on right now) that allow extra spells to be memorized? I like my Conjurer...

When would you reccomend trying the twisted rune quest? My Dwarfen Fighter/Cleric's Shield of Balduran might be helpful... (I'm in chapter 3 right now, right before bodhi's dungeon.)
Old 01-13-2002, 02:12 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

No, there's no other amulets that give you extra spells. Well, except for that uber-powerful one that Edwin wears.

Personally, I always do the Twisted Rune right before I go to Spellhold, but it can be done earlier if you employ the right tactics. Run a search for it on these boards, there should be plenty of threads about it.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #5
ryanthemighty
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any way to make sure that your apprentices won't die? I've already offed one of the poor saps by mistake and they are weren't even working on the "advanced" stuff yet. Is it also chance, or do the items determine the success solelly?
Old 02-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

If I whack edwin can I use this socalled uber amulet he wears?

I´ve allways wanted to whack that dude anyways
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:06 PM   #7
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
If I whack edwin can I use this socalled uber amulet he wears?

I´ve allways wanted to whack that dude anyways

IIRC this was dicussed before, and, no, you can't use the Amulet, AFAIK.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:22 PM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by ryanthemighty:
Is there any way to make sure that your apprentices won't die? I've already offed one of the poor saps by mistake and they are weren't even working on the "advanced" stuff yet. Is it also chance, or do the items determine the success solelly?

There is a chance that the students will die when making any of the items. The thing to remember is that these are apprentice mages, not yet ready for the world of enchanting more powerful objects. Go easy on them (none of the things they can make are that great, anyway) and remember that people are more valuable than objects or your pride (or greed).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:37 PM   #9
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by ryanthemighty:

There's always a chance, but the chance is lessened if the items you choose are easier to make. Whenever you choose the most difficult item to make out of three, at least one apprentice will die.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 07:45 PM   #10
skier9205
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Maniac:
Oh, and are there any Amulets besides the Metaspell Influence Amulet (which he has on right now) that allow extra spells to be memorized? I like my Conjurer...

If you have ToB, you'll be able to get some cool stuff to enhance your memorization abilities. [img]smile.gif[/img]
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote