Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

What is the worse monster you have encountered so far in Wizardry 8? By worse, I mean the one that frustrates you the most, or that is the worse one?

For me, it's been the psi-sharks. Nothing has been a larger thorn in my side then those psi-sharks! Reason being is - my mage has a lot of spells focused on Fire Realm - and naturally, under water, they fizzle automatically. Not having access to those spells was a massive pain - most of the other things, (the squids and such) were not so difficult because they had lower AC, and less hit points, and couldn't cast! (But I did like how they could hit one person, and yet still hit 3 other people in your party also)!
Old 02-21-2002, 01:03 PM   #2
sloucho
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the early game (before you get X-ray), I find the nightmares/dreadmares/diremares very frustrating. It takes them forever to retreat, and the one that stays behind to delay your party with turncoat keeps you from eliminating the rest while they're still within sight. The others remain "out there" for what appears to be the sole purpose of keeping you from getting to your destination in a timely manner.
sloucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 01:35 PM   #3
(^_^)

ya those damn unicorns for sure..

I have to run away everytime i see those
Old 02-21-2002, 02:01 PM   #4
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

Maybe I'm being silly, but I think the most frustrating monsters for me were early on in the game when I got out of the monastery towards Trynton, I ran into either it was some caustic vines or some crimson poppies, don't recall exactly now. A group of 8 or so of the darn things, all shooting blinding spores. Low level party without very good resistances so everyone was getting blinded. Ugh, not fun. I have fought monsters that hit harder and can be more dangerous, but nowhere near as just plain old frustrating as these things were making me miss miss miss miss miss miss miss (and I know appreciate a monk's ability to fight blinded a lot .
Old 02-21-2002, 02:05 PM   #5
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

MILIPEDES!!!!!!

Ever casted slow on these?

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 02-21-2002, 03:24 PM   #6
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

How do you slow something with so many legs?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:48 AM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Damn pesky Rayjin. Caused my level 12 Samurai to go insane and ended up whacking my mage into pulps.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:48 AM   #8
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Insanity and the like (Ego Whip, blah blah blah) are the reason I hated Psi-Sharks. I don't have a psionic in the group, so I have next to no real defense against Mental Attacks - and on top of that, my mage who is extremely damaging, couldn't cast his fire spells (which is where all his damage is in).

So the fact that I have zilch for mental defenses and that I couldn't cast fire spells on them, make psi-sharks my #1 foes.

(Although the Rapax, in general, are getting on my nerves since I am in the Rift these days)
Old 02-22-2002, 06:17 PM   #9
V^^^^V
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For me there is no one set of monsters that bothers me. What bothered me the most was how they just keep popping up every 5 or 6 steps. This was very annoying when I first started and made exploring harderthan it needed to be.
V^^^^V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:49 PM   #10
csb
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sloucho...how does X-Ray help you against those guys you mentioned? I keep not choosing X-ray 'cause I cant imagine a time when I would find it all that useful...any thoughts?
csb is offline   Reply With Quote