Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
The Crimson King

For two weeks now I've tried EVERYTHING (reloaded over 100 (count 'em) games. I have had it with this game unless a fool or hero helps me in my darkest hour....

I have used the incense
I have used the spider nectar
I have waved the wand
I have answered the naga spirit's questions correctly

The door opens in the statue

I go in
I pull the lever
THEN I FALL AND GET STUCK ON THIS BROWN F%&K*$G SQUARE!!!

I believe this has happened to ALOT of other players.

I have tried;
JUMPING
PUTTING SMALLEST CHARACTER AT FRONT (then others in ascending order of height)
USING CHARACTERS WITH ATHLETICS SKILL FIRST
DOWNLOADING PATCH (Good ol' Activision design team 'assure me' that once patch is downloaded then everytime you will fall thru perfect and get to Priestess:- Bollocks!)

I have reloaded till I SCREAM!!!! I keep falling so far then get stuck on that brown square (I have a reaccuring nightmare about that damned thing!!!)

Has ANYONE got anymore options?????
The only thing I aint tried is to ascend my rogue to a ninja (see other topic post) and EVENTUALLY acquire the Vanish spell and then MAYBE I might get lucky with the teleport and get to the bottom of the shaft. This is gonna take me ages and I'm NOT confident on its success probability. Soooo.... (sotto voice) help?

Mentally Yours,
Si.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:51 PM   #2
Xignal76

On one time through the Temple I was unable to avoid the spinner (using all of the "tricks"). I finally piled up 15 crates and barrels in the shaft, climbed up, and attacked Elyssa.

I didn't finish the Naga quest or get the Tome but I WAS able to get the masque and complete the Serpent Temple.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:15 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Still looking for any other posts that might be of help.

All I ever had to do was flip the lever and maybe walk a couple of steps so that I fell through. Hope you do manage to find a solution very soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:49 PM   #4
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

23 days, 224 reloads. The Vanish spell idea failed (just like the spell on that brown square, incidentally)'

If I take up the pile up crates suggestion to get to Elyssia then OK I kill her and get the masque BUT I fail to kill the Naga thus I FAIL to succeed Priest Guild Quest thus I FAIL to advance in Priest's Guild... what are the short/long term repurcussions for this endeavor??? Can I still complete the game? What do I niss out on?

Thanks for people who have tried/still trying to help me.

Mentally Yours,
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You'll probably still be able to do very well in the game. My first game I didn't complete all the quests or make it to the highest levels in some of them and still did fine.

Are you playing with the patch or without - without there is a bug which will allow you advancement by giving you repeated credit for the same quest.

You can send me a zipped copy of your saved game and I can see if I can get you pass your rough point (sometimes that works).

Wyv

Old 03-04-2001, 05:55 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

The only downside with not killing the Naga is the lost advancement in Ishad N'ha. You can certainly continue on and complete the game.

Playing through for the nth time I was stuck again in the trap door/elevator. Tried something different this time - carried a crate to the room, had my dwarf stand on it, and then pull the lever. Swoosh - slid to the Naga - no problem.

-------------
Rick
Beginner's Help, Hints & Walk-Throughs at The WWHAP
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 06:17 PM   #7
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Hey thanks you two. Will try crate idea tomorrow (gone 11pm here ans good ol real life work tomorrow...) if you have time Wyv I'll send you a zip copy of game.

Weega!
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 02:24 AM   #8
slug
Manshoon

if this was Hitch Hikers Guide, the crates would be the towel.

"but something's rattling."
"just shut up and stack the damn thing, squarely."

i would try a different computer. it bites to skip a guild in ishad na. that's the firts best place to snak a tasty bite o' exp; like on all them ghosties fer double.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 05:47 AM   #9
carg
The Magister

Can someone tell me if temporarily switching to graphics software mode helped them to get through the hole here?
(I never get stuck, so I can't try it myself. )
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 09:20 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, as an interesting little side bit: I asked Crimson King to send me a copy of his saved game to see if I might be able to get him beyond this part of the game which was causing him so much frustration -
I loaded the game, flipped the lever, looked down and *immediately* fell right to where you are supposed to land. Have absolutely no idea why on my machine this whole sequence is such a breeze and on CK's a major challenge.

Too weird!

Wyv