Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

I was wielding the ring of energy in valiant combat when i came upon a mustard slime in the sewer... This isnt any old mustard slime though, this is... (I FORGOT HIS NAME) the sewer King!!! I being a lone mage-theif (multi) attempted to BS him but to no avail!, So i blasted him with offensive spells, but that didnt work either, So i pulled out my handi-dandy RING OF ENERGY(dramatic echo) and blasted him... a whole lot. And before i could kill it the ring just dissappeared, why did it dissapear, do any other items do this, and most of all HOW DO U KILL MUSTARD SLIME WITH A LONE MAGE-THEIF!

(Thank you for your time [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 01-03-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
cemius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Ring of Energy,like wands have limited number of charges.
cemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:25 PM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Which means they disappear from your inventory completely after their final charge is used up. And to kill mustard slimes, I think all you need is a blunt weapon (mace, war hammer). Swords and daggers don't harm them. I think. I don't remember the deal with slimes all that well....
Old 01-03-2002, 07:29 PM   #4
The Dark

It may return after 1 day. If you use its (daily) charges up it will then disappear from the quickslot until it has recharged itself. Not too sure on the rings uses/recharge times as I threw it away as I didn't rate it much. I'm going through solo and magicless bar potions, rings and amulets with a plain fighter,thief. Rings and necklaces being used for defensive/protective purposes as opposed to offensive.

You could use potions to protect yourself and beef up your stat's and then just hack away at it.....it'll go.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:44 PM   #5
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

A certain number of items have a limited number of charges and cannot be replaced, the ring of energy being one of them. Most items with charges have 20. It's a good idea to keep track of how many you have used. (If you have Gatekeeper you can open the file for any saved game to see how many charges are in such items.) You can sell the item to a store when there are only a few charges left and buy it back fully charged. You're basically paying the storekeeper to recharge it for you.