Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2003, 09:44 PM   #1
Faceman
Hathor

Well I went to the Slums to hear what new offer my friend Gaelan had for me. So I thought it would be nice if I solved Hendak's slave quest on the way. Took out the slavers (acquired Lilarcor on the way) and returned to report my success. But Hendak had disappeared!! Only Bernard was there warning Jaheira about crossing the Harpers. Some other CC visitors/regulars but no Hendak.
Is he off duty? Will he be back later?
Did this happen to anyone before and how did you solve it?
I already tried reloading before entering the CC and exiting-reentering. No clues from anybody, they all act as if Hendak was standing right behind me.
Old 05-26-2003, 12:54 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

maybe he's visiting Bubbles?

try reloading a way earlier game than that one. maybe something happened in the battle in the CC and he got "misplaced" way back then. you got the slaver's quest so you talked to him after freeing him. what happened? was he there to do in the nasty previous owner?

a very simple possible fix, if he was there before, might be that you have a corrupted file. empty your cache/data folder and restart the game. depending on where you chose to install the game, it's usually at: C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\cache\data

good luck.

V***V
Old 05-26-2003, 05:46 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

tried clearing chache ... nothing
did not try reloading because my last save is before my first visit to the slums!

I finally figured out what probably made him disappear. When I went in the whole CC to look for him I found a remaining CC guard hidden behind a door. He may have kille Hendak while I was away.

Solution: I just CLUAed him in (code is Hendak ... doh) but this leaves me with a bitter taste as it would have been more serious role-playing to just mourn his loss and continue on.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
Kevin Dorner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What I have sometimes seen is that Hendak will be "hiding" because he wandered away from his usual place at the front through the double-doors and is being obscured by the doorframe.

This is one I should have fixed for the next (final I hope) fixpack release. As you noted, there is a guard that is hard to see (in the stairwell to the underground) and will sometimes be left alive long after Hendak has taken over the CC. All the guards should leave as soon as Lehtinan is dead (hey, he was the one paying them, and I doubt Hendak would want them hanging around after he killed their boss and took his job, would he?) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-26-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Dorner ]
Kevin Dorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 05:12 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Dorner:
What I have sometimes seen is that Hendak will be "hiding" because he wandered away from his usual place at the front through the double-doors and is being obscured by the doorframe.

This is one I should have fixed for the next (final I hope) fixpack release. As you noted, there is a guard that is hard to see (in the stairwell to the underground) and will sometimes be left alive long after Hendak has taken over the CC. All the guards should leave as soon as Lehtinan is dead (hey, he was the one paying them, and I doubt Hendak would want them hanging around after he killed their boss and took his job, would he?) [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know what you mean but in my case Hendak was really gone. I searched every square-inch of the CC and all I found was that nasty guard (probably his murderer:1disgust
Old 05-27-2003, 10:29 AM   #6
Kevin Dorner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I found the cause of this bug. There's a little-used scripting command in his default AI that sets his "home" location as an invalid point (as it's off the accessible area in the Copper Coronet area map.)

However, I could really use a save to check this on if someone (hint hint) could send me a Zip/RAR of a save where Hendak has completely disappeared. I have a save where he's moved from his usual place to the second of the doors to the back area, but not where he's completely gone, so can't see if his co-ordinates have changed to an invalid value or whether he just doesn't exist.

As well, I summoned every type of guard at the CC after the quest was completed until the place was stuffed with them, beat the crap out of them, left, slept, returned, beat them up again... Hendak didn't move a pixel, and no one attacked him.

Read-me kudos for a sent save. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2003, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Dorner ]
Old 05-27-2003, 02:17 PM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

found a savegame with Hendak missing
where do you want me to send it to?

However in this one I have NOT freed the slaves yet (although I was instructed by Hendak to do so). Traveled back from the mid of the Keep to see if Hendak was in the CC - he wasn't.
I think he is truly gone here. Maybe I am just blind but I have cloudkilled the whole CC to see if he was somewhere not to be seen but Hendak was not one of the victims (perhaps he's just a lucky bastard).

Things that are messed with this savegames (as to mods and fix installment)

Baldurdash Fixpack
Grandmastery Patch
BonusCD Merchants
my PC is "shadowkept" to add a certain trollkilling ability
and I tend to use a lot of Ctrl-J to shorten distances

That's about all the sins I have to confess, now give me something to mail to.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
Kevin Dorner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

E-mail address is in my profile.

If not, it's mrkevvyDONT@SPAMrogers.com (Remove the uppercase DONT SPAM from it; I put that in just in case there are spambots prowling the forums harvesting e-mail addresses.)

And thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Dorner ]