Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #11
daan
Silver Dragon

* Warning!, shameless e-mail plagiarism and translating into english ahead *

Yesterday, scientists revealed the results of an experiment to see if Beer contained female hormones.
Men should take a critical view on their beer-consumption, as beer -according to the theory- contains phytoastrogen. This means that if males consume vast amounts of beer, they might just turn into women.
To test this theory, they let a 100 male test subjects drink 8 pints of beer, in a period of 1 hour.

While observing, it showed that 100% of the subjects:

1) Increased in weight
2) Suddenly started talking all the time, without really saying anything
3) Became overly emotional
4) Couldnt drive anymore
5) Couldnt think rationally anymore
6) Had fights over nothing
7) Had to sit down to urinate
8) Refused to apologize, when they were obviously wrong

Further investigations were deemed unnecessary>>
Old 02-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #12
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Arvon and Daan,
funny stuff! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2003, 06:08 PM   #13
purre
Banned

haha,utterly hilarious
Old 02-08-2003, 10:13 PM   #14
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Thanks for the laugh Arvon! What a nice thing to do to share a joke you have found and bring a little laughter to this corner of the world!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:11 AM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Arvon, when are you going to write your own words instead of posting someone elses? Time and again I'm disappointed by a great title only to find plagiarism or regurgitations of anothers thoughts posted under your name.

Write from your heart and mind mate, not just your inbox.
Chill man, we can't all reinvent the wheel and it would also be pointless. Why shouldn't he share stuff he gets in email?

LOL nice one Arvon.
[/QUOTE]He never links to the source site and never indicates it's not his work. Crafting humoorous pieces is an artform. He should give credit where credit can be given if he's going to post from other sites.

I'm just wondering when Arvon is going to write his own take on situations. He obviously has a sense of humour. Why not write from his own perspective? At least from time to time. I've never seen him write something original. It's always these cut and paste jobs. As funny as they may be. they are not as valuable as something he could share from his own experience.

That's all. He can throw my opinion in the toilet if he wishes. [img]smile.gif[/img] I would personally love to read what Arvon himself writes.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-09-2003, 04:33 AM   #16
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Yorick...now you say it...that's right!
*starts picketing Arvon to *CREATE* a chemistry of Men post*

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:40 PM   #17
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
5. Most powerful money reducing agent known to man.
funny!!

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-09-2003, 08:45 PM   #18
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Quote:
Arvon, when are you going to write your own words instead of posting someone elses? Time and again I'm disappointed by a great title only to find plagiarism or regurgitations of anothers thoughts posted under your name.

Write from your heart and mind mate, not just your inbox.
Chill man, we can't all reinvent the wheel and it would also be pointless. Why shouldn't he share stuff he gets in email?

LOL nice one Arvon.
[/QUOTE]He never links to the source site and never indicates it's not his work. Crafting humoorous pieces is an artform. He should give credit where credit can be given if he's going to post from other sites.

I'm just wondering when Arvon is going to write his own take on situations. He obviously has a sense of humour. Why not write from his own perspective? At least from time to time. I've never seen him write something original. It's always these cut and paste jobs. As funny as they may be. they are not as valuable as something he could share from his own experience.

That's all. He can throw my opinion in the toilet if he wishes. [img]smile.gif[/img] I would personally love to read what Arvon himself writes.
[/QUOTE]As you say, crafting humourous pieces is difficult. If there was a choice between Arvon not posting anything because he can't create them himself and Arvon copying/pasting funny things he finds, I'd take the 2nd one
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-10-2003, 02:57 PM   #19
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, not everyone is a writer. We all contribute in our own way.. and Arvon: Better stolen well, then invented wrong (beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht: Dutch Proverb). Or something like that..
Old 02-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #20
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Really, Yorick. Who cares? I dont. Maybe a reference to the authur would be good, but most the stuff you find out there is generic. Why do you need to pick on him for posting funny stuff. I think your being a little to serious about this. Lighten up.