Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 06:53 PM   #61
Conan

Ziroc, your band widths expand to far and remote regions I will give you this tag to integrate into the collective. (I bought this can and consumed it at once.)

Its not as good as the real stuff but I can learn to like it Think choc would eat any

------------------
*\Conan/*

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 10-03-2001).]

Old 10-03-2001, 10:55 PM   #62
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Well, I am afraid I have to act as "defiant smart-ass" here again: I have a growing suspicion that the "spam problem" or rather the problem with invreasing complaints about spam can, at least partially, be attributed to the following psychological trap: we all come here for different reasons, but often when we do our motivation is any single one or any combination of the following expectations: "meeting" friends and being entertained/distracted when feeling bored and/or frustrated with RL. Now, sometimes those expectations are bound to be disappointed: at the moment being there aren't any of our favourite people here neither are there threads with topics or "communicative atmospheres" that interest or appeal to us. Whenever our expectations are not met we tend to react with frustration and, of course, in that mood we are easily tempted to dismiss everything or most which is going on as superfluous hence "spam". I know that has happened to me and I would be surprised if I was the only one to be at times "prone" to such a rather egocentric perception of the world. So, I'd like to kindly invite anyone here to first ask themselves very carefully if their motivation for being currently frustrated with IW is really founded in an abundance of "spam" or just in a - hopefully temporary - abundance of, and shifting of the forum's "center of gravity" towards topics, "conversational patterns" and types of threads that just interest them personally less or not at all. Bear also in mind, please that at least in a "kaleidoscopic" forum like GD it is furthermore IMO almost impossible to determine "objectively" what kind of topics and communication belongs here and which doesn't. And then, after having carefully weighed all of the above, decide if it is justified to come here and complain publicly. Because, by complaining publicly, what you are basically doing is demanding of others that they start auto-censoring themselves - which can be very easily become a major obstacle to having fun and enjoying themselves - and you might very well "impress" and hamper those the most whom you didn't even have in mind ! Just check the conscientious tone of DragonMage's first post
here and you might get a good idea what I am referring to.

Thanks for bearing me out !

Here I go, being a pain in the butt again! LOL

I do agree with Ramon here. I have seen some posts that are completely pointless go on while posts where people are having fun are closed. (no I'm not talking about your's Gwhanos! )
I understand that pointless chit chat shouldn't go on, but what if you don't know the person well enough to email them? Isn't this a place to make friends so that you CAN become comfy enough to email them? I thought that was part of what the GD board was here for.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-03-2001, 11:21 PM   #63
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

don't turn on me... you will regret it...
Old 10-03-2001, 11:32 PM   #64
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

250?? I have to know what you mean by this!

------------------

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)
Old 10-04-2001, 12:14 AM   #65
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
250?? I have to know what you mean by this!

I am just kidding, goddamn...
Old 10-04-2001, 12:18 AM   #66
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey, hey! No need for that language! Just curious as to what you were refering to!

------------------

LH Member

Old 10-04-2001, 06:07 AM   #67
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Hey, hey! No need for that language! Just curious as to what you were refering to!

250 may be referring to the references to his 'Stealth Posts' as spam. Sorry 250

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-04-2001, 06:08 AM   #68
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks for the explanation Ziroc.

------------------
Old 10-04-2001, 06:27 AM   #69
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
*sigh* I guess I'll never be able to shake off the inevitable Zelda references! But I have learnt to live with them!... Afraid to say I never played the game, but of course the horse reference is still meaningful!
I played the game but don't know what you're talking about! Of course, I played Link's Awakening, I've only started A Link To The Past. BTW, about stealth posts, isn't it possible to type in a color that exactly matches the background color so no one would see the letters and assume it was a blank post unless you highlighted it? Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing Testing End of Test

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 06:29 AM   #70
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
250 may be referring to the references to his 'Stealth Posts' as spam. Sorry 250

you KNOW deep in your heart, it is NOT a spame...