Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
dominions
Elminster

The day/night event trigger does not seem to work.
I have the Start Time in Global Settings set to 1800 and the End Time set to 0600. The autodarken seems to work, but the event night trigger doesn't (atleast not when using the Chain Event).

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 08:30 PM   #2
Sir Jerome De Rouen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dont know that the day/night event trigger is based on the auto darken feature, because if you dont have it turned you still have a day/night cycle..

Richard, what times are day & night?? can we change these to fit our viewport darkened time??

Jeremy

------------------
The Cauldron - http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jeremy77/index.html
Sir Jerome De Rouen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 09:51 PM   #3
Warlock
Dungeon Master

Hi Dominions

You can change the day/night times under the global menu in DC, but as for the trigger event for the auto darken feature I don't know if that is working or not.

Best to check with CocoaSpud to see about the auto darken feature.

Cheers

Warlock
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 07:43 PM   #4
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

The event trigger for this is hard-wired to define daytime as any hour between 6 and 18 inclusive. I can make it work off of the auto-darken times if it is set or use the default otherwise. Or as a more general fix, I can let the event trigger time be configured for each event that uses that trigger.

And while I'm at it I can make that event trigger work too A quick glance at the code shows that the event trigger has the code and determines night/day, so I don't see the bug yet but I'll run a test on it.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 08:51 PM   #5
Sir Jerome De Rouen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A day/night trigger would be good for its simplicity, and a seperate 'During Times' event would be fantastic!

------------------
The Cauldron - http://members.optusnet.com.au/~jeremy77/index.html
Sir Jerome De Rouen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 07:37 AM   #6
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

I was thinking along the lines of added a time range to the event trigger so that daytime and nighttime could be defined for that event. Instead of 'happen if daytime', it would be 'happen if this time' with start and stop times given by the designer.

There was an item on the UA wishlist to provide an event that can trigger at a specific time no matter what other events were happening (or even if none are). Such a thing would require a type of global event list that would get scanned with every game clock tick to look for events that should trigger. It's not something DC is made to handle right now.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote