Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

I broke the damn lightning machine on the second level Ice temple is it important? how do i fix the infernal machine!! I played that battle Squares thing for like 4 hours. needless to day i didn't make it passed the 3rd lever =\ my characters are too weak, im only 6 level playing with a party of 3 Barbs 1 wizard str8 mage, 1 fighter, and 1 cleric. I've made it pretty far wif that.

If there is a Blue Outline around a item, weapon, or Armor what does that stand for? Only reason i ask is because on magic weapons/armor/items, for my characters some of the items have the blue ring and others don't. I was wondering if it was a feat i hadn't improved on or what have you. does that mean i get penalties if i use it? like that -4 penalty to hit a creature? how would that work for a bullet like for my wizard there is a blue outline around the bullet.

I dunno if its good or bad if the wizard can use a bow, sword, or anything other that a dagger, or sling. I thought that was very strange... same witht he cleric class on using no weapon restrictions. So used to IWD1 and BG1 & BG2 when be restricted to the use of weapons and I see IWD 2 uses the NWN engine in combo with BG engine... that was really strnage to see as well.

Anyways - I just want to know what the Blue outline means.
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

the blue outline isimply means that the item was not identified at some time but now you identified it (i.e item is magical, could be cursed though but now its identified and you know everything there is to know about it)

As for the machine 3 ways to fix it:
1. near the battle squares use the temple maintanace switch.
2. If a character has high use magic device skill have him fix it (note : this takes 24 hours)
3. (the most loserest way of all) If you still havent asked Nickodemus for a favor you can ask him to repair it. Thats a terrible waste of favor though.

tiny spoiler
One more thing about the battle squares.. you get a very nice item after completing level 5 that makes the other level a piece of cake (kills daemons, undead, elementals with one hit unless fortitude save)
Old 12-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I believe you can go right to the end of the underdark (area with drow) just before leaving , than go back and complete the battle squares. You should be much stronger by than.

[ 12-03-2003, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Yep come back and do the Battle Squares! I messed up and used Nicadamus favor on that. Dont follow in my footsteps lets just say! :0