Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
Viana
Welcomed New User

I'm in the last part of the vale of shadows dungeons... and I'm stuck. I've looked at several pictures and I've read that there's supposed to be a lever to open the passage to the right, but I can't find it anywhere. I swear I've run my mouse over everything. Where is it?
Old 12-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Hi welcome to the forums Viana [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

you might want to check this thread
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=3;t=002901
Old 12-10-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Welcome to the forum!!!

It is at the back of the center piller. I believe you need the "Black Wolf Talisman" in your inventory. There should be several passagways in the area with the lever and you need keys to open them.

Did you fight a mummy yet?

[ 12-10-2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
Viana
Welcomed New User

AH! Thanks for the welcome. Anyways, I think I gave you missinfo, I apologize - the door I'm having trouble with is the right passage on the first level, after opening the one door that requires Myrkal's Sending or however that's spelled. Nothing I do will open it.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

First of all welcome to IW.

That being said, have you gone through all the other crypts in the Vale area ? It sounds to me that you missed one. Or if you have, go back to them and search them again. There are keys in some of those other crypts.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Huh well I am 100% sure that it does not have to do with the Black Wolf Talisman because i allways ocan accsess the lever even before i get the Talisman. I think it has to do with a key that will be found in the south east corner of your vales map!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:02 AM   #7
motub
The Magister

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Hi, Viana! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the forums!

OK, it is not exactly clear from your post which of the 3 levels of Kresselack's Tomb (the Tomb of the Black Wolf) you are actually on.

The pillar with the lever to open the geared door is on the second level, which I suspect you have not yet reached.

The thing about Kresselack's Tomb is that if the door does not open, it needs a key (except the geared door), and all keys are found either on the same level, a previous level, or one of the other (four) tombs.

When you first enter, you should have two keys which enable you to find all other keys on that level-- one for the gate by the statue, and one for the door to the west. From there, you should be able to find the key which opens the door to the east, where you can get the "key" to enable you to open the door to the north, after which you can take the difficult-to-find-but-in-reality-completely-unblocked passage leading to the stairs to level 2 (with a short but fierce stop along the way).

On reading your post again, I think you have done all this (if you have the Holy Symbol of Mykrul) and you are either missing the passage-- which doesn't have a door, just walk into it-- or the secret door, which is entered from inside the passage to level 2, not from the main area.

So on the whole, I think what you want to do is just take the passage towards level 2, which should solve the problem, no matter which one it is.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:41 AM   #8
NobleNick
Quintesson

Viana,

My best guess is that motub's first guess is correct: You are just not finding the passage. This happened to me, too, I just don't see that passageway: Even after I knew it was there I had to click blindly to get my second party through.

You are on the 1st level of the Black Wolf Temple (BWT), right? ....going up the wide stairs just beyond the huge raised pool of green goo, right? And the big door at the top opens; and you have an encounter with (IIRC) a Myrkul's sending or whatever. Then, from that room, you can go left, through a passage at about your 10 o'clock position; or straight forward to the N; or (and this is the hard one to see) right, through a narrow winding passageway that starts at about your 1 or 2 o'clock.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote