Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2003, 04:29 AM   #11
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Nick, you could also create an image file out of your sig in the same color. If you ever need someone to host, I have image hosting. (How do you think I rotate my sig images all the time? )
Old 12-06-2003, 09:06 PM   #12
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
You can still have your sig as the same font type, just leave out the end font tag of your message.

Like so.
Which is frowned upon, as unclosed HTML tags can cause problems with the HTML page. [/QUOTE]Opps, Sorry! I discovered this by accident once. I was actually quite surprised an open tag would work at all. So I thought the cgi script for ironworks actually closed the tags by detecting the open tags in new messages as they are posted and closed them automatically, which is not an impossibility. Guess I assumed wrong.

[ 12-06-2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:03 AM   #13
kartetse
The Magister

I've done mine all in legal, properly closed up HTML an' ol' that. My HTML includes the signature bit which looks like it was placed there by the forum's scipts but actually is all my code. I copy and paste it from a text file on my desktop everytime I use it. It's swift and I can see easily where I've been plodding... I don't mind sharing if it comes to it.
[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #14
NobleNick
Quintesson

Dar'tanian, Thank you for starting this conversation, and pritchke for, uh, directing it in the right channel.

Memnoch, thank you for your explanation: Now I don't feel so stupid for not being able to do something I was "sure" I could do if I just knew enough.

And kartetse..... Of course! So simple: why didn't I think of that? And this will solve another pet peeve of mine: When I toyed with a sig, I didn't like the fact that the "edited" message got inserted between message and sig. I would like it after the sig; which is where it will now appear to have been placed.

So, thanks guys, and let's give this "pseudo-sig" a whirl.....

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote