Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2001, 10:28 PM   #1
IceMaiden

My ID game crashes in the early stage when the expedition is about to start, due to the WED file problem. I have installed the 1.06 patch and upped the cache to 200 MB, but it didn't help. Is there any way to get past this...will re-install help ?
Old 09-03-2001, 03:01 PM   #2
Alaric
Manshoon

I never experience this problem but I found this information on the Interplay website:

Q: "DEMAND FOR WED FILE" CRASH: Sometimes while playing Icewind Dale, I receive a dialog box that says, "An assertion failed in Infinity.cpp at line number 1763. Programmer says: Demand for WED file failed." What can I do to prevent this?

NOTE TO OUR UK CUSTOMERS: Due to a manufacturing problem with some disc 2's of the UK version of Icewind Dale, you may experience this WED file error near Lower Dorn's Deep. We have made a patch available that will fix the problem and allow you to continue playing.

A: We are currently looking in to this problem. One workaround is to increase your cache size from 100MB to 150MB or more if you have the space to spare. This can be done in the Icewind Dale Config program, which can found in your Start Menu: Programs->Black Isle->Icewind Dale. We also suggest deleting your "cache", "temp", and "tempsave" folders in your game directory after this error occurs. If the problem still does not go away, you may need to reinstall the game unfortunately. We are working hard to determine the source of this problem. Addendum: This appears to happen on files that were corrupted either during installation or at a later time. One suggestion is to reinstall the game. When you uninstall, your save games are not removed.

If you need the patch, it can be found at - http://www.interplay.com/icewind/store.html

------------------
All the world is a stage and we are all actors playing our parts.
Alaric is offline   Reply With Quote