Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 07:42 AM   #1
Alson
Galvatron

Nothing exciting this time, but I thought i'll let you know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On this update:
  • Mentioned Firestorm ignoring magic resistance. Thanks, Dundee.
  • The Cheese Guide has updated to version 1.3.
  • Mentioned three Holy Smites as a Spell Sequencer combo for Cleric/Mages. Finally!
  • Minor fixes. Thanks, Rataxes.
Sorry, Butterfingers - I tested Burning Hands, but it doesn't seem to bypass Mirror Image in my game. Yet another Mac only thing? Who knows.
Anyway, we're alive. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-07-2003, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #2
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
  • Minor fixes. Thanks, Rataxes.
No problem, though did I point out anything besides that TS thing? Just noticed the plural and can't recall anything at the moment
Old 04-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Hmm, I've never seen the cleric/mage lifted to its full potential ...
It seems noone ever payed too much attention to it, I mean, except for the obvious timestop-=->Harm ... noone has ever really delved into its potential as f.e. the sorcerer.
A smilie face with dancers to anyone who knows a few good combinations
Old 04-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Nobody plays much with Cleric/Mages because there are not many Aerie fans. A pity. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Aerie( I mean a Cleric/Mage) with Mislead is scary... especially when combined with Blade Barrier and/or Globe of Blades. A Spell Trigger filled with 3 Bolts of Glory is quite an impressive Demon-Killer... ...

If you are quick, you can cast Magic Resistance, then Lower Resistance(s) to make no resistance. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Doom + Greater Malison is a classic combination too. Cleric/Mages also have the honour of being the only class to summon both the Deva and the Planetar at the same time.

You think a Sorcerer is scary with the PRATI Tactic? Wait till you see a Cleric/Mage using it. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The list goes on and on. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
daan
Silver Dragon

[img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shine.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #6
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

3x Holy Smite probably makes for the most powerful Spell Sequencer in the game. 60d4 = 150 average damage, huge area damage Would rank among the best even if put in a Spell Trigger. And 3x Implosion in a Chain Contingency makes for the by far most powerful single-target combination in the game, I seriously doubt that more than 4-5 monsters in the entire game could withstand that. 30d10 Blunt damage + 30d10 Magic damage, combined in a shell that pierces MR and the Cloak.

[ 04-07-2003, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-07-2003, 12:24 PM   #7
daan
Silver Dragon

Maybe it was too far into the game ... but Implosion never *never* worked for me ... Improved Bodhi among other took no more than 15 damage or so ... worthless
Old 04-07-2003, 12:31 PM   #8
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Maybe it was too far into the game ... but Implosion never *never* worked for me ... Improved Bodhi among other took no more than 15 damage or so ... worthless
Bodhi has 75% resistance to Magic damage and 25% resistance to Blunt damage. Damage range in that case should be

0.25(10) to 0.25(100) + 0.75(10) to 0.75(100)

2.5 - 25 Magic damage +
7.5 - 75 Blunt damage

Makes for 10 - 100 total damage, so you got pretty unlucky in that case. I usually score around 80-90 total damage when I use it. Did the blunt of the damage against Improved Demogorgon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 12:57 PM   #9
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Speaking of Implosion, I noticed that the Spell Reference lists it's damage as merely 10d10. I'm quite positive it actually deals both 10d10 Blunt and Magic damage, for a total of 20d10 dmg.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:25 PM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Speaking of Implosion, I noticed that the Spell Reference lists it's damage as merely 10d10. I'm quite positive it actually deals both 10d10 Blunt and Magic damage, for a total of 20d10 dmg.
That'd be 10d10 blunt & fire damage, adding up to a total of 20d10, yes.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote