Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 AM   #11
NobleNick
Quintesson

TL,

Sounds like you're doing great. Go get'em, girl!

I don't get outside the IWD forum much, Timber Loftis, so let me in on the secret. What nick name? (BTW, thanks for the piece on BG. I've seen many reviews; but never the part about party member interaction. That coud be the straw that gets me to buy this game.)

What's a prty,
without a song?
Bard's ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
TL,

Sounds like you're doing great. Go get'em, girl!

I don't get outside the IWD forum much, Timber Loftis, so let me in on the secret. What nick name? (BTW, thanks for the piece on BG. I've seen many reviews; but never the part about party member interaction. That coud be the
Erm... the nickname I mentioned is that often people abbreviate my name by calling me "TL" in a reply. Oh, well, Timber, Lofty, spam-meister, and Supreme Emperor are all perfectly acceptable nicknames I'll answer to as well.

With the BG series, remember that unless you do a multiplayer game (which you can play alone, so it works fine), you generally create one character, the protagonist, and join with the other NPCs (which you completely control, of course) as you meet them.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:57 AM   #13
kartetse
The Magister

So, Supey eMp, how will it work to procure BGII straight instead of getting BGI first? The local e-bookstore doesn't have a copy of BGI available...

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:21 PM   #14
NobleNick
Quintesson

TL and TL,

Duh. O.K., I never claimed to be the fastest draw in cranial city...

kartetse, Yeah, BG1 disappeared from the premium rack here about two months ago. Still waiting for it to appear in the bargain rack. It's not there yet; but I just saw a BG1 expansion in the second-hand rack for $13. It shouldn't be a long wait.

Edit: What do you have over on your side of the pond that compares to eBay? I'm sure you can swing your own second hand deal for less than what the stores will charge.

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 12-04-2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:25 AM   #15
kartetse
The Magister

About the e-Bay equalvalent in South Africa. No, don't forget,

WE ARE IN THE BACKWATER HERE!!!

Unfortunately there might be, but *I* don't know of anything like e-Bay and would probably not trust it outright.

Sadly, there is a thin crust of veneer covering the Heart of Darkness here. And by this I specifically refer to civilized standards and technology, not many other areas, spiritually, for example, Africa is a gem in many ways. Just to try and paint the picture, remember when 56.6k modems were *the* highest technology out there, when you could download at 4kbs per second and kiss your modem for the shere *SPEED* at which it downloaded, how long ago was this 7, 8, 9 years ago? I dunno - SIMPLY BECAUSE THAT'S THE CURRENT STANDARD HERE!!!

They've only recently brought out a VERY expensive mimic of DSL technology here. You have to earn FAR above average and REALLY want it to, to actually install one of those. Just to expand on the example: I'm a Notes Developer, and would earn about $75000+ per year in the States if I were there. For me to get the mimic-ed DSL would cost me a 2/5 of my monthly salary to setup, i.e. if I were earning $75000 pa that would translate to roughly about $2000 only for the one-time setup!

No, its tough here - *sigh* - I don't know how long I'll remain here...

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote