Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 09:36 PM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just wanted to stop in for a couple of hours and say Hi! And to leave some news for anyone who cares

I was displaced about 4 weeks ago. I then got a position at the same Bank that had a lot more stress and more importantly PAID OVERTIME! It was a bit of a step sideways, but it ends up with a better bottom line on my part. So I've been doing the 11-12-13 hour days, coming in on Saturdays, etc. But I also had to produce to get the OT, so I couldn't afford to spend the time on here. So I went cold turkey. AND my brother, a full month after I did it, bought a computer, so HE's been on the freaking 'net here at home, and to be honest, I was so tired of being in front of a computer, that I generally stayed away.

So to make a long story short, I've been REAL busy. But I have been thinking of this wonderful place, and thinking I need to get back here more often.

**BK gets off podium, and quietly goes back into the stream of Ironworks Consciousness...**

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 07-06-2001, 10:00 PM   #2
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Glad to have you back. Hope the new jobs worth it. 12 to 13 hours a day is a lot. Don't get burned out. Take some time off on occasion. It's always been my experience that the more overtime you work, the more the company and your boss expect you to work.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 07-06-2001, 10:01 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Glad to have you back. Hope the new jobs worth it. 12 to 13 hours a day is a lot. Don't get burned out. Take some time off on occasion. It's always been my experience that the more overtime you work, the more the company and your boss expect you to work.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 07-06-2001, 10:31 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
Just wanted to stop in for a couple of hours and say Hi! And to leave some news for anyone who cares

I was displaced about 4 weeks ago. I then got a position at the same Bank that had a lot more stress and more importantly PAID OVERTIME! It was a bit of a step sideways, but it ends up with a better bottom line on my part. So I've been doing the 11-12-13 hour days, coming in on Saturdays, etc. But I also had to produce to get the OT, so I couldn't afford to spend the time on here. So I went cold turkey. AND my brother, a full month after I did it, bought a computer, so HE's been on the freaking 'net here at home, and to be honest, I was so tired of being in front of a computer, that I generally stayed away.

So to make a long story short, I've been REAL busy. But I have been thinking of this wonderful place, and thinking I need to get back here more often.

**BK gets off podium, and quietly goes back into the stream of Ironworks Consciousness...**

BK
Hey baby! If you get bro OFF the pc and get your sweetcheeks in front of it (boxered of course! ) email me! Jerome is right, email is highly underrated! LOL

I guess it's still the same there.. sigh.. but it's a job! You must be exhausted again...sigh. How much longer on those extra hours? Is the season winding down all yet?

Fact...I'll email you right now!

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #5
Reeka

Hi, BK!

Been missing seeing you around. Figred you were busy, but didn't realize how busy. Take care of yourself and check back when you can.

*HUGS*

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-06-2001, 10:53 PM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

heya!!! we were kinda missing you here already!!!

enjoy yourself!!!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-06-2001, 11:47 PM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Greetings BK, very good to see you. I am glad to hear that that things are looking better for you. I hope the additional stress is not too much of a burden to you. Take care of yourself, and look forward to seeing stop in again when you have the time.
Old 07-06-2001, 11:59 PM   #8
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
I was displaced about 4 weeks ago. I then got a position at the same Bank that had a lot more stress and more importantly PAID OVERTIME! It was a bit of a step sideways, but it ends up with a better bottom line on my part. So I've been doing the 11-12-13 hour days, coming in on Saturdays, etc. But I also had to produce to get the OT, so I couldn't afford to spend the time on here.
BK,

It's good to see you again! I've have been wondering where you got of to.

May I ask which Bank you work for? We may work for the same one (some dates coincide). If you don't want to mention the name directly you can just give me some generalities and I can probably figure it out. Or if I'm intruding you could just tell me to mind my own business. However, it may be interesting to hear each others perspectives and share scuttlebutt, if in fact we do have the same employer.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 12:56 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hi BK, I can sympathise. The last few weeks I've been working 90 hours a week. My sister, who's in investment banking, worked 125+ hours a week for the last month and a half on a huge deal. And try not to fall into the trap of HAVING to work overtime. Taliesin is right, what can happen is that you will end up providing a level of output which requires a minimum number of hours to provide and people get used to that, so when you reduce the number of hours you work your output might drop (unless you become more efficient ) and it may be perceived by a not-very-understanding boss as a negative. Happened to me a couple of years ago when I decided to get more balance in life. Good luck!

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 01:39 AM   #10
Black Knight

Thanks for the advice. Kinda lucky, cause the guy whom I'm working for also happens to be one of my better friends and his boss is a great guy, too. Actually, he emailed me from home after checking his email and told me if he finds out I come in this weekend at all, I'm fired... I think that's a good thing, right? And Cloudy, the business slows down when the weather goes down hill, so we are talking november, really. And hopefully, by then, I'll be pushed up into a less Peon, more in control type role. I figure it should take me a whole six months til I start running the entire operation hehe. Most of what I'm doing is helping people who are behind get caught up while my business base gets up to spead.

For those who really want to know: I am a Mortgage Analyst for Bank One in Columbus. If you go to a Mortgage Broker, they turn around and try to get us to give you the $$. I examine your credit score, look at the Appraisal of the property, make sure the Title and the Insurance is in proper order, then Flip a coin to see if you get your money....BWHAHAHAHAHA...er, actually, my role is just to make sure that after the initial decision is made, that the paper work is all set, and that the deal is really something we want in our portfolio. The idea is to get to be the person who makes that first Yeah or Nay decision. More Power, more $$. My general plan is to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can, impress the Brokers enought that they tell My Boss's Boss how good I am and that I need to be doing the initial decision....and then my alarm goes off...

Hey, why is everyone asleep? Is my job that boring? I just don't underztzzzzz....

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>