Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2000, 06:58 PM   #1
Ronn

I was under the impression you could recharge limited use items in the game, how and where do you do it. I have a wand of resurrection that started with 10 charges and is down to 2. I don't want to lose it or keep buying them, but I couldn't find anything in the shops or temples. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Old 11-25-2000, 07:35 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, you can't recharge limited charge items. Once they're gone, they're gone. Suggest you use them judiciously. Only limited use rechargable items are things like horns or summons that can be used once a day and then need to be recharged overnight. Even then I think they have an ultimate expiry date.
Old 11-25-2000, 07:35 PM   #3
GoodManGoneBad

I think thats not quite correct, is it Memnoch? I think you can sell them in a shop, and then buy them back. The cheapest version would be to sell them, and then steal it with a good thief, Jan Jansen for example. I was damn surprised, how many charges are on a new stave (50 cloudkills, just to mention).

Old 11-25-2000, 08:56 PM   #4
Armisael

Yep, you can do that, if you sell the item when it has at least one charge left. I wonder what the shopkeepers' secret is...

Old 11-26-2000, 12:01 AM   #5
[twisti]

He has a Staff of recharging, most probably ... oh, this was from another game

Old 11-26-2000, 08:52 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, but that's not really recharging in the manner that Ronn was thinking of, that's basically just like selling an old item and buying a totally new item. But it's interesting information, I didn't realize you could do that.
Old 11-26-2000, 09:03 AM   #7
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm... I'm with Memnoch. I was unaware that you could sell the wands you found with only one charge left to a merchant and buy it back fully charged. Being the packrat I am, I have 10 or 12 wand and several staffs that are down to 1 to 3 charges left. I never used them saving them for those really tough battles later on. I guess I'll go sell them and buy them back, newer and improved.
EEE GADZZ... The wand of Cloud Kill and Monster Summoning fully charged... It's scary I tell you....
Scary, heck.... It might even be CHEEZY!!!.....
Old 11-26-2000, 11:51 AM   #8
GoodManGoneBad

Thats my typical problem. Saving scrolls, potions and charges for the really tough battle ready to come, and in the end i'll never use them. Quite silly I know, but a common illness. Thats why I love the recharging items, like the horn of Odin and this bag where you can put all the things in you will find