Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 06:35 AM   #1
D*Ranged

Mine is a Half-Orc Battleguard of Tempus. A sorta good fighter, and a competent healer/Summoner. Of course, a Half-Orc Druid (What I'm playing right now) appeals to me as well...
Old 06-16-2003, 08:05 AM   #2
Snowking
Dungeon Master

Well that really depends on the role of the cleric.

For spellcasting cleric,my favourite is morninglord of lathander.
He focused on offensive fire magic(flame strike,fire storm,meteor swarm and etc), combine with spell focus:evocatin and spirit of flame,he cause huge damage to your enemies.The stormlord of talos is also a good choice but he focused on lightning and death magic(including horrid wilting and wail of banshee).i don't like this domain simply because it is evil [img]smile.gif[/img] .

for tank clerics,my favourite is silverstar of selune and battleguard of tempus.although tempus is obiviously a better choice(with free weapon focus feat on axe).but i just happen to like selune due to its excellent domain spells(mainly summoning).
Snowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:45 AM   #3
Malladine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, only played one in ID2 but i'm going to say Silverstar of Selune. Can't beat those elementals. Beyond heals, I use the fire elemental, greater command and flame strike probably the most. I think i'll give animate dead a shot soon. I seem to have a penchant for summoning

[ 06-19-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Malladine ]
Malladine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:52 PM   #4
AlvinMaker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go with animate dead. It is a killer spell and it can really help out in many battles, especially if you have a high level cleric. I uselly summon 2 or 3 drowndead or boneskeletons if there are a lot of foes to do the melee and have my rangers fire arrows and my mage doing the stuff.
......?? Is this considered a spoiler??????????????
AlvinMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

Nope, not a spoiler. In normal mode, Animate undead summons are awesome due to their strength and duration. If you play HoF mode, you'll find that even lower level monsters can be quite useful since they will have the same level of high HP as enemy monsters and since they last for something like 1 round/level, they'll stick around for quite a while.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote