Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2004, 03:10 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Only Abazigal + Tamah (Injured to badly injured remains) left

The situation as it stands...

My main character has been mazed out but once she reappears it will b exactly in front of abazigal (and not just sure exactly when that will b)
have 3 summoned hakeshar (cannot find?) a djinn and skeleton warrior, Cernd and Jan are fatigued...
At the moment I was lucky enough to actually quick save the game in the battle, because my party got to a part of the map inside the cave that the 2 dragons were out of sight! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Mayb I should try resting?? to fully regain my spells back?

The last attempt did something really stupid ressurrected Anomen with Rod of ressurection back to perfect health but without any weapons and armour! he got chunkified of cos! [img]redface.gif[/img] Sarevok got imprisoned! Nalia died, Jan got mazed 3 x's and Cernd was a greater werewolf who got hit to morale failure: feared! too much dmg! leaving just main barbarian with critical strikings, deathblows and barbarian rages.
wheneva I get Abazigal to near death 3'xs in a row and then deal him heaps of dmg but neva seems to die?!
he is able to completely heal himself back to perfect health in just a second from being away from him!!!
Is there a way to stop him or is this a bug? cos just doesn't seem right somehow?
Or do u just have to keep wacking him?

Any1 any have any smart tactics from here on....
Old 03-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

the dragon never dies ABAZIGAL that happened to me before. check tis thread,

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=002962#000000

one tip is that don't use CFury or any spell/weapon etc that could stun him. I never go back to that fight again though, since I felt cheated. His Near Death state has more than 500 HP and as soon as I gave him a moment (stop attacking) to give his final speech, he healed himself to Uninjured. That's total BS. Tamah is easy to kill after couple of tries; Abazigal isn't tough either, he just doesn't die

[ 03-18-2004, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 03-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Abazigal absolutely *must* make his death speech before he dies, and therefore cannot be insta-killed: No Power Word: Kill, Flesh to Stone, or Disintegrate here. As teardropmina mentioned, trying to Stun him or knock him Unconscious is similarly wasted effort.

Shadowkeeper lists his class as Kensai->Mage (or is it Kensai/Mage?), yet for some reason he has Heal spells. He can only use the Heals if he can get away from the combat, though, so the thing to do is pound him down to Near Death, keep pounding for a few rounds, and then stop. This allows him time to breathe and give his speech, but doesn't allow him out of your sight, thus keeping him from Healing himself.

Or that's the theory, anyway.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:35 PM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

Shadowkeeper lists his class as Kensai->Mage (or is it Kensai/Mage?), yet for some reason he has Heal spells. He can only use the Heals if he can get away from the combat, though, so the thing to do is pound him down to Near Death, keep pounding for a few rounds, and then stop. This allows him time to breathe and give his speech, but doesn't allow him out of your sight, thus keeping him from Healing himself.

Or that's the theory, anyway.
L* (a big one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) that's absolutely the theory, but in reality -- he can heal himself from Near Death to Uninjured while we surround him (we were waiting for his speech yet he gave us this healing trick).

as for the Kensai->Mage class, may it just mean his human form? not talking about his dragon form?
Old 03-19-2004, 05:24 AM   #5
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

so any patches to fix up this bug or just move away from him so he can do his little speech is the only way around it?
Old 03-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWiSeFooL:
so any patches to fix up this bug or just move away from him so he can do his little speech is the only way around it?
Did you even bother to try moving away from him first to see if it works?
If you've got the ToB Official Patch and the ToB Fixpack, then there are no more patches for you to get.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

This is not Diablo. Don`t hack everything into little,tiny pieces until there is nothing more to slash. Give him a little time to breath.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #8
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

well, this is no Diablo, but it is part of SoA/ToB; we don't need to give breathing room to Bodhi for her death speech to trigger; what's so special about this Dragon?

as I recall the last time I fought him, as soon as we stopped attacking (aka giving him a little time to breath), he just wingbuffed everyone away and healed himself from Near Death back to Uninjured. IMO, his death speech should be automatically triggered just like that of Bodhi.

[ 03-19-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 03-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

teardropmina.
Just wanted to get your attention if you're scrolling down this thread. Nobody asked for spoilers about any battles here. I strongly suggest you edit that post again and take out that second name before you upset someone (the one after Bodhi). It's not wanted.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #10
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

edit as ordered.

*upset* someone? dealing with spoilers is too delicate a matter to me; I only care about knowing not doing the things that'll upset the mod. I'll only post on spoiler threads from now on then.