Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 11:28 PM   #11
Encard
Quintesson

Pratchett is awesome. I'd say my favorite book is interesting times, and my favorite characters are Rincewind, Death, Death of Rats, and Cohen the Barbarian. Oh, yes, and Mr. Teatime (how do you spell his name?).

------------------
The Eternal <font color="PLUM">C</font><font color="YELLOW">h</font><font color="BLUE">A</font><font color="RED">o</font><font color="GREEN">s</font>-bringer of <H3>HADB</H3>

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-11-2001).]
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2001, 07:42 AM   #12
Legolas the Elven Archer

I agree with all the praise.
Personally, I like DOR, Greebom, Nanny and Granny best, even though many others are great too.

Oh, and wasn't it Thehethime or something like that?

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Old 10-14-2001, 06:03 PM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Favorite characters: The Luggage, Rincewind, Death and The Bursar(Hey, we maniacs gotta stick together.)

Favorite book: This is a difficult choice I am presented with, maybe The Last Continent, possibly The Truth or The Colour Of Magic, Reaper Man ain't bad either, I think Reaper Man or Last Continent are the two of his books I've enjoyed the most.

Has anyone here read, Carpet People(Can't remember if it was The Carpet People or just Carpet People.) or Johnny and the Dead? They're HILARIOUS.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 06:04 PM   #14
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:

Oh, and wasn't it Thehethime or something like that?
Teh-ah-timeh, I believe, what a psycho.

Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 09:21 AM   #15
Byronas

He is great! I love all his book especially Discworld.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:10 AM   #16
DeTRiTiC-iQ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

TP is a great author, i've got all of the Discworld series on my bookshelf, and signed copies of Carpe Jugulum, The Fifth Elephent and The Truth, Pratchett is doing another book signing at my local store in a few weeks.

My favourite books are Feet of Clay, Jingo, Small Gods and The Thief of Time
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 05:48 AM   #17
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I love Terry Pratchets humour alot. The casual way of describing things with a great sense of humor and also refering to things of today in fantasy terms are cool!

I like the books about the Guards and death the most. I still have a couple of books to read so well.. might find new favourites!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 10:03 AM   #18
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
TP is a great author, i've got all of the Discworld series on my bookshelf, and signed copies of Carpe Jugulum, The Fifth Elephent and The Truth, Pratchett is doing another book signing at my local store in a few weeks.
I wish I have signed TP books. But anyway I have book signed by Scott Card
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 12:14 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Am just replaying the game Discworld II now - very hilarious.
Read most of his books too, very witty author.
Has anybody played any of the computer games based on the Discworld series? I can recommend II, but I've heard the first one is very difficult (bizarra solutions to quests etc). Still meaning to try Discworld Noir as soon as I can find it somewhere.

Oh, some of my favourite characters are The Luggage!!, Rincewind, Death, Teppic, You Bastard (), CMOT Dibbler, Teatime, Granny Weatherwax, Carrot, Nobby, ....ok so I like em all

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:01 PM   #20
Desuma_Malevois

After totally ignoring him in the eighties and nineties, my wife and I just read our first Pratchett this last week ("Guards, Guards") and OMG! - he's great!!! I just bought "Feet of Clay", "Men at Arms", and "The Fifth Elephant" tonight and am planning on having a very enjoyable weekend reading.

------------------
Guerilla gourmet, and former proprieter of the KFA.