Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

I am wondering what does the bard's battlesong (in SoA) specifically does to Luck and Morale. I'd be interested in the numbers, and in what way the battlesong improves with levels.

I'm soloing a blade so I know my song won't get better - it would help me to know at what point in the game the song becomes more or less useless so I can do more productive things

The ToB improved bardsong was nice in that I knew what the effects were, but I don't really know what I'm doing in SoA - feels like I'm just humming nervously while I watch my SkeletonWarriors engaged in fisticuffs (does the song even affect undead summons?

STR 18
DEX 18
CON 17
INT 18
WIS 3
CHA 15 or 18 w/ring
chaotic neutral
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 07:33 AM   #2
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
I am wondering what does the bard's battlesong (in SoA) specifically does to Luck and Morale. I'd be interested in the numbers, and in what way the battlesong improves with levels.

I'm soloing a blade so I know my song won't get better - it would help me to know at what point in the game the song becomes more or less useless so I can do more productive things

The ToB improved bardsong was nice in that I knew what the effects were, but I don't really know what I'm doing in SoA - feels like I'm just humming nervously while I watch my SkeletonWarriors engaged in fisticuffs (does the song even affect undead summons?

STR 18
DEX 18
CON 17
INT 18
WIS 3
CHA 15 or 18 w/ring
chaotic neutral
Which bard are you, a kit or normal. Jesters confuse, blades stay the same as the lvl and Skalds get bonuses. All I know is that it does improve. Ask SixofSpades
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Actually, no, don't ask me, as I've never seen any exact stats either--all I've heard is that it grants combat bonuses, which is a pretty damn vague statement to make. Ask someone who actually looks at the code, like Alson or Vedran.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:45 AM   #4
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Myrddin L'argenton,
did you read what he wrote or just quote his whole text and say 'ask six' ?
Quote:
I'm soloing a blade so I know my song won't get better
I cant tell you the answer either, but I havent heard a lot of hype about blades singing for summons, that tactic seems more assosiated with the skald.

[ 02-25-2003, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: karlosovic ]