Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #11
AndyG
Elminster

Just one comment. In Morrowind, you fight really weird, alien sort of monsters. In NWN, you fight traditional orcs, ogres, giants, dragons. I kind of like the traditional, high fantasy monsters, over the wierd, Morrowind monsters. I appreciate the effort put in by Bethesda to make the world consistent, but it just didn't appeal to me.

Otherwise, I agree with the assessment. In the long run, I would say get both games.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:23 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Just one sidenote to Nebs breakdown here, Morrowind isnīt for making Munchkin characters??

You obviously missed Slackerboys temptational Potion creation then

Oh yeah, you donīt like 3:ed

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 08-21-2002, 04:03 AM   #13
Pangur Ban

Thanks for all the comments everyone, - especially to Wolfgir for that huge and informative post. [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

I will probably wind up buying both eventually, but after the purchase of yon new PC, I'll only be able to afford one of them at this time. At the moment I'm still playing Might and Magic IX, but its ordinary at best, and dismal at worst ...

Pang.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:07 AM   #14
WOLFGIR

Pangur, I think you should aim to get both games. They are both very good very fun games.

However, if you have the option to go online and play, you will probably love NWN and your freinds wonīt like you since you will be stuck playing online all the time!

Morrowind is a cool and different game, and the mods you can make and download makes it really cool.

Good luck and have fun playing!

Old 08-21-2002, 07:47 AM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Just one sidenote to Nebs breakdown here, Morrowind isnīt for making Munchkin characters??

You obviously missed Slackerboys temptational Potion creation then

Oh yeah, you donīt like 3:ed
What was it he did again? Making a potion that allowed him to make a stronger potion that allowed him to make a stronger potion that allowed him to make an even stronger potion? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That's one small fault with the Alchemy skill. Are there any other ways in which you can really go total Munchkin? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2002, 07:56 AM   #16
WOLFGIR

To do the Munchkin thing, you only have to exploit the system Neb!

Hehe, and you need a good DM to bring you down on earth again

3:ed is very very hard to make Munchkin characters if you donīt have a very friendly lenient DM.. (heard of many of thoose??)

Old 08-21-2002, 08:12 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I know a lenient DM would let you buy robes that WEREN'T ORANGE if you just happened to walk into your local neighborhood shop. Like how many Clothiers are going to sell orange robes of Dwarven size to the local populace of a Dwarven village. Are you trying to tell me the Mahareeshi of the Orange People had visited the week before or something Wolfie