Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2001, 10:44 PM   #1
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cannot find the Lich to get the quest for the heart. I have been in his study, but all I found was a treasure chest with a staff and some other stuff. I am totally confused as I can't get the Dungeon Key to open the door. HELP again.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2001, 11:30 PM   #2
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anybody out there? I need some help please.
Old 01-28-2001, 11:33 PM   #3
Silence

I know! Nobody is out there but me, and I am not even as far in the game as you are! I have been waiting for awhile too!
Old 01-29-2001, 12:17 AM   #4
Moni

Avalon,
I don't remember enough to be of any help to you here...I only remember the Lich asking to retrieve his heart in Cet's Tomb...which is where it was.
His study is in Skull Castle, no?
Your enounter with him there should have ended with you getting his staff (The staff of death) which is needed to open the door to Mada Mabbig's room as well as to break the Seal on Amephas' Shrine Temple in upper Brimloch Roon.
Look for threads submitted by Xignal76 for links to his site that contains graphic walkthroughs and important information about which keys fit what locks.
: )
Moni
Old 01-29-2001, 01:15 PM   #5
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After I walked through the labryinth, I found the elevator, which I assume leads up to where you face the Lich. All I saw was a treasure chest with a squix, a shelf above the chest with a figurine, which I can't reach, a fire burning in the middle and two doors. The right door led into the Lich's study and I opened the treasure chest. I noticed another door where the stained glass is with a level 12 lock. I don't have a key and my character with lockpicking skills apparently can't open it. I did find a staff in the treasure chest, but since my priest can't identify it, don't know what it is. I don't know what to do next. I still haven't found the scroll of banishing which Mada Mabbig has and I have no idea where she is. I thought this is where I was supposed to talk with the Lich and get the quest for the heart, but I haven't seen him. I am getting frustrated and ready to pull out my hair. Help.
Old 01-29-2001, 02:01 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Avalon: Have you yet found the lich?

To get to him, you first have to get the key to his study. The same water passage that you took to get to the Labyrinth: Go down it again (the right hand one from the tilting bridge), but hang to the left after you enter. You'll be in one of those "flumes" you can't go back on. On the left you'll see a platform. Climb up and enter the room. As soon as you enter, the walls start tossing "Faces of Death" spells (the blue skulls) back and forth across the room. Run as fast as you can to the far side of the room. In the center of the table there you will find a Bone Key. This is the key to open the Lich's study.

Run back through the flaming skulls and back into the water, then take the Labyrinth back up to the top. Go back across the bridge, and then follow the pathway back until it T-intersects. Turn right (go north) and down a staircase, and you should come to a door behind which you hear eerie music. Use the Bone key on the door, and enter the Lich's study. You'll find him in the middle of the "ballroom".

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 02:09 PM   #7
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Saz, Thanks. I already have the bone key, have gotten into the Lich's study, but no Lich. What gives?
Old 01-29-2001, 02:25 PM   #8
Avalon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Someone help, still can't find the Lich. Where is he? Apparently not where he's supposed to be. Should I just go on and forget what I need to do? Anyone out there, HELP!!!
Old 01-29-2001, 03:19 PM   #9
Xignal76

You're close to the Lich but you can't access his room from that location. Exit through the one door that opens, and flip the lever on the left wall to stabilize the bridge. Cross the bridge and go back through the corridor to just outside the door leading into the upper balcony of the huge room. Turn north and go down the stairs. Use the key on the locked door.

Hope this helps...

-------------
Rick
Hints, Walk-Throughs and More at The WWHAP
Old 01-29-2001, 03:23 PM   #10
Moni

Sounds to me like you made it into the Lich's study through a side door.
I moved the graphic walkthrough for Skull Castle up for you so you can check it out and make your way around to the actual front door of the ballroom if Sazerac's post to help get you there was not clear enough.
: )
Moni