Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 04:46 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I wonder if i shall buy me a new sound card and i have looked at Turtle Beach Santa Cruz TBS-3400 are there anyone that have this sound card here?

I think i will buy one so i can get that nasty Soundblaster Live out of my computer!

Here is a link about the sound card and it seems wery cool i think!
http://www.digit-life.com/articles/s...ach/index.html

[ 06-19-2002, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-19-2002, 06:13 AM   #2
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Sounds like a good card. If you should decide to sell that old Soundblaster... sell it to ME [img]smile.gif[/img] All Ive got is an old Creative Vibra 128... Id be happy to have a Soundblaster Live [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Sounds like a good card. If you should decide to sell that old Soundblaster... sell it to ME [img]smile.gif[/img] All Ive got is an old Creative Vibra 128... Id be happy to have a Soundblaster Live [img]smile.gif[/img]
Get a new one Dog, soundcards don't cost that much anymore these days. In Holland you get a top off the bill soundcard for less than 40 Euro's.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
I wonder if i shall buy me a new sound card and i have looked at Turtle Beach Santa Cruz TBS-3400 are there anyone that have this sound card here?

I think i will buy one so i can get that nasty Soundblaster Live out of my computer!

Here is a link about the sound card and it seems wery cool i think!
http://www.digit-life.com/articles/s...ach/index.html
It's OK, but if you want some thing that Games will actually USE, buy a Soundblaster Audigy. I have the Audigy Plat. (With the front plate input board) and MAN, it's clear. 24-bit multi-channel performance and 100dB SNR for high definition audio.

I had a Turtle Beach Montego 2 (sp?) and it had A3D v2.0, and was ok, but 99% of games didn't make USE of that. They went with EAX. And now, EAX2 is out (Audigy Gamer) and is the 'new' standard.

Go with something people support. Turtle Beach does make a nice card, but they don't offer good updated driver support. They are mainly good for MIDI and sound editing...

If you are buying it for gaming, go with the SB Audigy. You WON'T go wrong.

PS: Soundblaster Live was a good card, why do you think it's 'nasty' ??

Here is the one I have: (click on the Photo Images)
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/audigyplatinum/

And this is 'just the card':
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/audigygamer/

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-19-2002, 09:42 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My Soundblaster Live! has been a great card. I don't know about the Turtle brands.

Guess I need to upgrade my system or get a new one someday! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2002, 12:19 PM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
It's OK, but if you want some thing that Games will actually USE, buy a Soundblaster Audigy. I have the Audigy Plat. (With the front plate input board) and MAN, it's clear. 24-bit multi-channel performance and 100dB SNR for high definition audio.

I had a Turtle Beach Montego 2 (sp?) and it had A3D v2.0, and was ok, but 99% of games didn't make USE of that. They went with EAX. And now, EAX2 is out (Audigy Gamer) and is the 'new' standard.

Go with something people support. Turtle Beach does make a nice card, but they don't offer good updated driver support. They are mainly good for MIDI and sound editing...

If you are buying it for gaming, go with the SB Audigy. You WON'T go wrong.

PS: Soundblaster Live was a good card, why do you think it's 'nasty' ??
Thx Z maby i can combine them use two soundcards..! Ahhh my Sb live is the first one that come of those (pci) card and it have some strange sounds and glitches, i have downloading the latest driver but it has still those strange things for it so , i thot i would change to a new brand to se of that help i allvais had soundlaster cards in my pc`s and the Audigy Plat is SO expensive here so i dont knove it cost about $ 350 but a shall look at it once more! I like the front plate input board so it IS cool i must admitt that! hehe!

I also trie to change it in diffrent pci slots but those strange sounds is there anyway and i have it conected to my new Harman Kardon AVR 8500 sourround reciver and the sounds was the same on my old HK AVI 250 so that must be something wrong with the sound card!
And my computer have a new mainboard (Asus) so i dont think the sound thingie have something to do with the pc. AND i have checked the cables and plugs!

Quote:
Sounds like a good card. If you should decide to sell that old Soundblaster... sell it to ME All Ive got is an old Creative Vibra 128... Id be happy to have a Soundblaster Live
And i will NOT sell you a card that is maby defect hehe buy a new sb live in Australia is a better choice Earthdog!!

[ 06-20-2002, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-19-2002, 05:47 PM   #7
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

From what I know, turtle beach make great soundcards for working with audio (sound forge etc...). The built-in effect processor might be cool if you play an instrument you can plug in. If you want a card to do this kind of work, that's the choice.

But SoundBlaster is THE reference for gaming. They set the standards. With that you will get far less driver problems than with any other card. EAX is cool, but you better have a high-end computer because it's a very CPU-hungry feature.