Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2004, 06:16 AM   #1
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

its become very annoying now...It was a cool game but, Like all Unstable cool games they get flushed. I flushed mine right off mys system, I finished the whole darn thing expansions and all. It be cool if it didn't crash every 10 minutes. GOt SUPER bad at the end, it was crashing every 10 min or so. My machine is like super human (i have puter envy). But i doubt that was the problem... The Game was the problem.
Tyranny]SiN[ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:55 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

It's completely normal at Betsehda [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Remember Daggerfall - or rather Daggerfail? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Therefore, reserve F5 for temporary saves and press F5 at high frequency. You cannot do anything more. Sorry.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:21 AM   #3
Oruboris

FWIW, when I've been playing for more than an hour, i start to notice a certian amount of mouse lag. If I don't save and shut down the game immeadietly, I can count on a crash within about 5 minutes.

Don't need to restart the computer, just the game...

And OH YEAH, DaggerFAIL. The crashingest game I ever loved...

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

The game always crash at me when it wants to load an area. as long as you quick save the game always it shouldn't be a problem. Though at times it really testing my patience.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Exactly. Loading a new cell is the most critical event. But it is not the only moment when the game crashes.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
It's completely normal at Betsehda [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Remember Daggerfall - or rather Daggerfail? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Therefore, reserve F5 for temporary saves and press F5 at high frequency. You cannot do anything more. Sorry.
*shudder* please, do not bring back such dark, dark and horrific memories, it took me 2 yrs of counseling to get over those crashes.

But seriously, Bethesda products (or at least the Elder Scrolls Line) are notoriously buggy, so all you can hope for is some luck. It sucks even more when you have a crappy computer, if you do to many ninja maneuvers (i.e. jumping onto the rock, then off while swing you're sword at the enemy then shooting your bow), it just craps out.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
GaiusPecunia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have you guys installed the patch? I have played at least 200 hours with my kids and only crashed about 3 times, EVER. Is it just because I have a new P4 2.8HT with nVidia 128MB and 1GB RAM (excellent Christmas present for myself). I used to run on a P4 1.3 with 392MB (or something like that) and I hardly ever crashed on that.

-- Gaius
GaiusPecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 03:56 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

I have installed 1.02.0722 and I have Athlon XP 2200+, a fast HD, 1 GB RAM, and nVidia GeForce Ti 4200 TD 8X - and I am crashing regularly
Strange! The game cannot quit itself (you can take a coffee break while waiting for quitting the game), it cannot reload (the same) but it crashes very fast [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #9
Tarlanon
Manshoon

I would have to agree with Gaius here on this one. MW has been very stable for me. I had some troubles at first, but once I 'tweaked' some of the settings in the Morrowind.ini file, I almost haven't had a problem since.

There is a great article about this in the Elder Scrolls forums at http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthrea...=5&o=7&fpart=1

Hope this helps!
Old 01-27-2004, 04:57 PM   #10
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I rarely experience any crashing, but it does crash. It does humble you when you think you don't have to save.

Save Often, Save Early
Save Before, Save After
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote