Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2002, 01:18 PM   #1
Loremage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which is the best game currerntlu out to play/
Old 05-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #2
Malystrom
Dungeon Master

I would definitely say Ice Wind Dale it is probably the best RPG game I have ever played. Once IWD2 comes out that'll be cool too
Malystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #3
arcanixus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have limited experience in CRPGs (and computer games in general). Most games I bought have been disappointing, especailly of the RPG variety. However, I've been enjoyinging IWD the most so far, though the plot is indeed linear and the characters are fairly flat (then again, aren't we all). Some of the less remarkable games I played, or just started playing, are Soulbringer, Darkstone, Diablo, Diablo2, Fallout 1 and 2 (these looked like they could be good, though I wasn't interested enough at the time to keep playing), and some for the SNES (the best being Seventh Saga). I recently bought Planscape Torment on recomendation for its storyline, and I just played the first area. I'm saving the rest for after IWD. It looks like it could either be better than IWD or fairly confusing.

Aside from RPGs, one game that I think is quite remarkable is American McGee's Alice. The visuals are very interesting, sometimes sadistic or twisted.
arcanixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 02:16 AM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

If you want Action I'd recommend Jedi Outcast, for RPGs go with Morrowind. At least until NWN comes out.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 05:05 AM   #5
druss
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would say IWD or BG2. What one dont have the other one has it.But i do think they nerfed the monsters in BG2.Try just walking up to a beholder in IWD and hit him.Do the same in BG2 then youll see what i m talking about.
druss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 09:53 AM   #6
andrewas
Harper

There are beholders in IWD? but the cap is level 14. AH, time for some new tactics I feel. But anyway I feel that IWD is the worst of the series - BG, BG2 and PS:T are all better. Id say PS:T is the best ive played in a long while.

But NWN should blow the entire series out of the water, especialy once the mod artists go to work on it. You know how in quake the most fun comes from the amateur add-ons? Think of what were gonna get in NWN!

As for morrowind - Daggerfall was excellent but flawed, morrowind is supposedly stable but it has extreme system requirements, so id avoid it unless I had an awesome machine.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:00 AM   #7
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

The IWD Beholders are only available in the downloadable expansion, Trials of the Luremaster.

If you want to have a go at modding NWN you can download the NWN Beta Toolset over here (250MB) : http://130.237.161.56/NWN_Tools_BETA.EXE

As for Morrowind, it runs OK, if you've enough RAM and don't get too ambitious with the resolution. But its the most immersive RPG ever.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote