Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
ryu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how do i prevent my party from getting blinded?
how do i remove 'blind' condition from my party?
Anna bacame angry with me b/c of pickpocket attempt and if i advance, she turns hostile; is there any way to please her? (item, time or anything else);
Old 01-17-2002, 01:29 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Magic Screen to increase defense against magic (and thus hopefully prevent spell blinding, but some monsters hit and cause blindness)...

Blindness, I believe is cured by spell, Cure Lesser Condition.

And as for miss hostility, try a charm spell on her.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:50 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

~~ryu~~

you just learned a valuable lesson.

make it a part of your PP routine to check your faction ratings while you're working. if the shopkeep goes from friendly to neutral, time to charm the heck outta them.
you may also give them gifts. BUT, whatever you do, do NOT gift them with something formerly belonged to them. ::shakes her head::

you may also go away and leave them be for a bit. it's better to do that before they change on you, tho. even doing that, they might be less than friendly when you next visit them.

your mark remembers your actions, even if they don't react to them immediately. they like to save up their anger for that one last time you cross the line.

think of it this way. they want proof, yknow. like a real person. they see you come in, and when you leave, stuff is missing. at first, they think its something else, cuz, gee, you're such a nice young girl. but after a bit, they realize that it's all a schoolgirl act. and no one likes to be had. that's when they blow their top.

it can be forestalled if you watch what you do. each attempt with each shopkeep goes thru a cycle. so, watch your cycle.
if its "nothing, nothing, warning, nothing, something cool, nothing, warning, nothing, something cool, CAUGHT!" then when you reload and redo it, just stop before the "CAUGHT!".
if you really want to play it safe, only allow one warning. so in the example above, you would stop after the first "something cool", because there was only one warning up to that point.

PP really involves paying attention. well, and a good skill.

V***V
Old 01-17-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

There are a few NPCs that look a little more harshly on attemtpted theivery: Anna, Crock, and Antone. If you are caught by them, they immediately become hostile. Other NPCs are a little more lenient: Heli and Braffit. These you can either bribe or charm to get back in their good graces.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote