Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
Karmelov
Welcomed New User

Hello to everyone, as you can see im new here and... well.. i better tell you how and why i got in here.

Im a great BG fan, and like anyone like me, i was very excited about NWN (this was millions of years ago). And when i finally got NWN, and played it... i could feel how my fingers and the rests of my body roted while playing the game... i just didnt like it only a bit... I didnt belive that it was possible... and i gave it a try, forcing my self to play more (maybe it was me, i was not used with the interface, etc) but... the more i played, the more i though: it just sucks...

So i threw it away in a dark corner and sealed it, and played BG2 like anything happend.

Time passed, and months after that, in a loong boring day... i decided to try NWN again.... 5 minutes later i was throwing i away again and cursing bioware.

Then, a week ago, for third and last time.. i gave it a try, and let the game patch it self. When it finishedm and played the game, i saw that there was new features only availeable for the expansions... and the looked cool to me... so i decided to get from the internet the expansions manual and i read the new stuff.

I was amazed with the epic classes, new abilities, prestige clases... but i thought that it could be a mirrage, that those features would suck in-game, so i serched in the web for some forum, and see what people said about the expasions, and i see tha a lot of people, like me, just hated NWN without the expansions, and that the expansiosn gave NWN the so desired BG feeling.

So... now im here, just to make some questions, and meet the community hehehe.

First of all, im about to buy the expansion sets.. but im not really sure, there is something that i need to know before deciding if i buy it or not. It is about NWN servers, long time ago i played in a server of NWN where peploe played, there was people taling in the inn, othe ones hunting... that was sooo cool, and was the only thing that made me play the game a bit more (but people on that server, as NWN at that time, just sucked lol)

I would like to know if there is any nice and clean (xP) server where people usually meet and play, because if there are servers like that ill buy the expansion for sure.

I know that i can play diferent mini-campaing modules with people in the internet, but thats not what i mean, i mean servers where yo plany in a "world" well... in a mini-"world" hehe, because i just love that idea, its like a mini-ultima online, or mini-everquest hehehe. So... there are servers like that? or i was just dreaming?

Well, i think that ill buy the expansions anyway.

And some more lil questions... about prestige clases... the pale mage (or something like that) and the red dragon diciples can be chossen by being a sorcerer (I wuv sorcerers and the way they use magic, not like wizards and they year and year of studing hehehe)... but.. those classes... use magic? i mean, when you level up being a Red Dragon disciple, or pale mage, you get spells like a sorcerer would get? or like a wirzard... or thy just dont get any spells? And what do they use? int or cha?

Im just confused about this classes... @_@ i suppose that ill understand once i get the game, but i would really apreciate if you people can tell me hehehe.

Well, that all for now, so... see ya

(Excuse my horrible english, im spanish, you know: "ole", "señor".... that stuff)
Old 04-28-2004, 10:53 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Welcome to Ironworksforum, Karmelov!

I'll try to answer your questions...

Quote:
First of all, im about to buy the expansion sets.. but im not really sure, there is something that i need to know before deciding if i buy it or not. It is about NWN servers, long time ago i played in a server of NWN where peploe played, there was people taling in the inn, othe ones hunting... that was sooo cool, and was the only thing that made me play the game a bit more (but people on that server, as NWN at that time, just sucked lol)

I would like to know if there is any nice and clean (xP) server where people usually meet and play, because if there are servers like that ill buy the expansion for sure.

I know that i can play diferent mini-campaing modules with people in the internet, but thats not what i mean, i mean servers where yo plany in a "world" well... in a mini-"world" hehe, because i just love that idea, its like a mini-ultima online, or mini-everquest hehehe. So... there are servers like that? or i was just dreaming?
There are hundreds of servers out there where you can play for free. If you want to play with some serious players, you should check out servers that run Persistant Worlds (PW), servers that are online 24/7 and often contain custom-made content. Just check out Gamespy and see if there's anything you like.

I also recommend you to check out Ironworks webmaster, Ziroc's, own Escape from Undermountain server. Details on how to join should be at the top of the neverwinter Nights forum page.

Quote:
And some more lil questions... about prestige clases... the pale mage (or something like that) and the red dragon diciples can be chossen by being a sorcerer (I wuv sorcerers and the way they use magic, not like wizards and they year and year of studing hehehe)... but.. those classes... use magic? i mean, when you level up being a Red Dragon disciple, or pale mage, you get spells like a sorcerer would get? or like a wirzard... or thy just dont get any spells? And what do they use? int or cha?
Neither the Palemaster nor the Red Dragon Disciple get new spells like a Sorcerer or Wizard, but the Palemaster still get new spell slots as if he's been leveling up as a Sorcerer/Wizard. Instead these classes get different and unique abilities; Palemaster can summon undead, get more hitpoints and better armor class, while Red Dragon Disciples get boost to their stat (mostly strength), better armor class and the ability to breathe fire. Both of these also get various immunities. You should be aware, though, that neither of these prestige classes adds anything to your spellcasting abilites.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

The Official Campaigns (OC's) of the two expansion are also much better than the one in the original Neverwinter Nights.