Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 06:58 AM   #1
Duncan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Meanwhile all my characters are in level 6. When is the best time to advance to elite roles? Is it too early? Or too late?

Duncan

------------------
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 08:10 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Many players advance their warriors early to barbarian or monk/ninja. I'd suggest waiting with some of your spellcasters until levels 12-14 in order to obtain the maximum spell levels (levels 6-7) before advancing to a role such as warlock.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 08:21 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

I think it is neither too soon nor too late. My opinion is: leave the base roles as soon as possible and take those elite roles that extend your abilities. For example, change your warrior to a barbarian, ranger, or a paladin, change your wizard to a warlock (you are gaining). Do not change your priest to a ranger, etc. (you are losing magic schools) unless you have a reason for it. The reason is usually the training. Note that Reset Adventures clears all inactive roles. Example: suppose you changed your warrior to a paladin and then to a ranger. After reset adventures, you will be a ranger and nothing else. Your paladin history is forgotten. Therefore, you can become a paladin again.
A final example: a solo character: start as a wizard, become a warlock, paladin, ranger and finally a barbarian. Reset adventures. Now, you have gained all magic schools and you are a "pure" barbarian. Get some hit points as a barbarian (and some spell points too!) and improve your Traps&Locks and Gallantry skills to 1 at least so that you do not lose the skills after role changing. Become a warlock again and reset adventures. Now, you can train all magic schools. Reset adventures once more ad decide which role you want to play. You are a pure warlock at present and you can select any other role. All your role hopping in the past is forgotten.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 09:11 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Duncan!!!

Check out the Best Tips thread!! There is a lot of useful information to be had there!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:13 AM   #5
Duncan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks for everything guys!
Your advice helped a lot!

BTW: This forum is awesome! Especially your search engine. (Boy, I´m glad to see, I´m not the only one having difficulties with those Amazoni Mantraps... )
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME to IRONWORKS Duncan!

you'll find that this site is the best of all!

adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote