Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 08:49 AM   #1
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Just thinking about something...

Before I started visiting this (superior) realm I was part of a community on another web site (shock!). Focusing on tech stuff (in the same way that this is RPG based) with a couple of general forums. The style was quite different - I love the "chatty" atmosphere here.
The point was that someone dug up a link to one of those silly "personality" tests so beloved of corporate HR and recruiters. Almost everyone on the site proved to be the similar (if not the same) personality types (which should have only accounted for a small per-centage of the population as a whole). Of course "birds of a feather" etc.
What struck me is that here there seems to be a greater spread of personalities and (probably no co-incidence) a greater proportion of the fairer sex (no patronisation intended).
Apologies for getting semi-serious.

(and I was the same personality type as _everyone_ else)
Old 06-09-2001, 08:52 AM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

no need for apologies.... I seen those personality tests too at the other forums...
sometimes some of us have personalities the opposite from real life...

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Nope, this is me through and through. If you can't be yourself amongst complete strangers, where can you be?
I had to do one the tests last week. Nice and consistent. Probably got one this week as well (thats good news though)
Old 06-09-2001, 08:57 AM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Interesting idea antonius. There is a site that someone introduced me to awhile back that has all kinds of tests. It might be fun to pick one (there is a personality test there) and see what everyone comes up with. You have to sign up to access them, but I don't get any junk mail from them, so it's been cool.

http://www.emode.com/

------------------

Do not meddle in the
affairs of Dragons for
you are crunchy and
good with ketchup.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:04 AM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

You want tests?
Here are just a few...
http://www.emode.com/emode/personalitytests.jsp

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 09:28 AM   #6
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I am very glad to have discovered this cyber-world community of Ironworks. I came from the Wizards and Warriors forum to GD because of a plea made for input on a thread here about female gamers being counted. Sazerac, Moni, Adam Warlock and Davros have been cyber-friends of mine for some time now, so I felt like it was okay to visit here sometimes. I am "forum shy" due to bad experiences at forums in the past, so I stuck close to home at the WW board; but, I have lurked around here when things were slow at the WW home board, watching and getting aquainted with some more of the good folks on this GD board and have been communicating more and more of late. I have come to the conclusion that people here do care, they do share, they do listen and respond with sincere emotions. I think this is a special place and should be appreciated and respected by all who are privileged to have access to it. I really like it here. I seek it out!

------------------

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Old 06-09-2001, 11:11 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Antonius- don't apologize for being serious , we have room for that too! In fact some of the best conversations I've had here were serious or semi-serious ones! We do have a varied group of people posting here on Ironworks. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we come from all age groups/occupations/countries and other real life affiliations because we all do get along so well. But that diversity is one reason the board is so alive! Changing and growing and teaching us things. I love being part of it.

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 06-10-2001, 10:48 PM   #8
Moni

I just think it is too bad that we all don't live just around the corner from each other! I would love to meet you all!

Could you imagine the block parties?!?!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-10-2001, 10:49 PM   #9
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I just think it is too bad that we all don't live just around the corner from each other! I would love to meet you all!

Moni

That would INDEED be a BLAST!! Heck... then we would never be on the computers... we would be sitting around chatting all day!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-10-2001, 10:50 PM   #10
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Moni
What's wrong with MY parties ?

------------------