Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 06:58 AM   #1
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

a question for all you seers of D&D lore

is there a god of wealth, hoarding and acquisition out there? any details?

i'm working on a gnomish cleric/thief you see . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 07:03 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Mistress of Coin = Waukeen
[ 09-10-2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:40 AM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

The Gnomish pantheon really only has Urdlen, the Gnomish god of greed, bloodlust and general badness, but I feel he's more of a destructive, nihilistic god.

The Dwarves have Abbathor, the Wyrm of Avarice, whose priests preach greed, acquisition of wealth and the undermining of the other members of the Dwarf pantheon... his worshippers are listed as 'Dwarves, misers and rogues' so he's a possibility. If your character was a dwarf and not a gnome, this would be ideal.

Waukeen would be a 'good' deity attributed to wealth; she is the patron of trade and of mercantile matters. Thieves who worship her are usually people who have become thieves to fight thieves. The obvious 'thief' god is Mask, the Lord of Shadows; he's the patron of theivery, but is certainly a lot more 'evil' than Waukeen.

That's pretty much it, I'm afraid.

[ 09-10-2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 09-10-2003, 09:15 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
The Gnomish pantheon really only has Urdlen, the Gnomish god of greed, bloodlust and general badness, but I feel he's more of a destructive, nihilistic god.
that could work

a little googling also got me:

Many priests of Urdlen are multi-classed priest/thieves, and most are insane - check
Urdlen despises all other gnome gods, as well as all green plants - nice touch there
Bare head, white cloak - i can work with that (mage avatar maybe)
Priests of Urdlen cannot cast any spell that creates or otherwise summons a living creature or plant - again, fine
Fanatic: priests of Urdlen despise all other priests and priest-like classes - now that i like, definite potential there
Jewelry and other precious works are also to be sacrificed to it, by beating and smashing them until their value is destroyed - perfect . . . [img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote