Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 05:57 AM   #1
lroyo

Guys, help me out here, it's really annoying me. I'm going right back to the Amiga 500 days here. A really good RPG game in the style of Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master, made by Raven(I think), and it started with the word Black.

What was it? I remember spending ages on it and finishing it!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #2
Yack
Dungeon Master

My guess its The Black Chronicles, from a German developer, was like Dungeon Master but with outdoors, towns and a big story about the 23rd Chronicles of Kalynthia, I think was the longest RPG ever made for Amiga or Atari ST, lots of combat and narrative make a game that you either love or hate.

"As sure as the sun sets in the east and the dancing fire turns to ash, so must the legends of Kalynthia be told. When I speak, I talk with the tongues of the gods - if I say ill, may they send their rain of death to strike me down."
The narrative of Andira Gar.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:14 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Wow! Someone else who actually owned an Amiga! Was that really only 12 years ago?

I had Pools of Darkness, Wasteland, Bard's Tale III, Balance of Power (a cold war game of world domination), and Pirates.

Amiga was a nice idea, but poor Commodore just couldn't pull it off. Oh, well.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:56 AM   #4
Yack
Dungeon Master

ACK! and someone actually play Balance of Power?!

if you like that sort of game there is one called Superpower, its fun if you don't take it too seriously.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/superpower/
Old 05-15-2002, 01:00 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i stil have an amiga 500 in a dusty corner of my attic and a lot of diskettes with games on it. I have been searching for a title that starts with the word black, but couldn't find one, so i'm sorry, but i can't help you here aviendha.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:26 PM   #6
lroyo

Thanks, for the help, but it is not the Black Moon Chronicles. After a quick search on the net, I found it. It was Black Crypt!!!!

Anyone else ever play this game?
Old 05-15-2002, 09:52 PM   #7
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I had an amiga... Good memories. I loved the Bard's Tale games.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:59 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

good god the good old days of the amiga, I still dig mine out every now and then for the odd game of frontier elite or monkey island or any of the fantastic games from that long lost era

*raises a Toast* To the amiga
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] It sounds like some of us (me, included) are showing our age a bit.

Try looking around here for a trip down memory lane; you might even find something you want to take home. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

@Daniel: I agree! The good ol' days before Windows, when the Internet was Lynx, Gopher, Telnet, and MUDs for online gamers. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 10:39 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] It sounds like some of us (me, included) are showing our age a bit.

Try looking around here for a trip down memory lane; you might even find something you want to take home. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

@Daniel: I agree! The good ol' days before Windows, when the Internet was Lynx, Gopher, Telnet, and MUDs for online gamers. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
great site, thanks for the link.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote