Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 02:20 AM   #1
theholyavenger
Manshoon

I downloaded the weapon proficiency pack and unzipped it into the override folder. If you haven't heard of it, the file just simply gives your character(no matter what classes) to put five stars into any weapons. Now my multiclass fighter/mage/thief with five stars in 2-handed weapons does more than 50 damages for each critical hit, at the beginning of the game!
\"There once was a warrior true,<br />with the sense knocked out of him, too.<br />But in a hamster he found,<br />some wisdom profound,<br />and now where goes he goes his Boo!\"<br /><br />~Crazy Celvan in Baldur\'s Gate II Shadows of Amn
theholyavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 02:37 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

What can we say? 'Tis your game. There's not going to be a horde of Ironworkers descending on you with pitchforks screaming "burn the cheater!"

To me, the damage potential sounds a bit cheesy...
Old 07-06-2003, 03:53 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Yes, classes were made as they are: balanced. Giving ***** to each makes fighters lose their edge and other classes stronger.

But if you feel it is justified in some way, eg. if your character trains his weapon skills extensively, or if some other mod makes the game more difficult, go for it.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 06:35 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

I can see some roleplaying side to this - is a thief at level 40 *really* still not going to be more than proficient in shortswords? And surely a sorceror is going to get some serious staff practice in.

But more than 2 stars is reservered for fighter IMHO.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #5
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, think of Drizzt as an example. According to the Salvatore books, Drizzt has definitely more than two ** in scimitar and two-weapon fighting. Come on. But then, turning "real life" so to speak to game realism is difficult, so maybe that isn't a too good example. But it makes a point nevertheless.
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Where is this available? I'm replaying BG2 again and am in the underdark and sure could use a little help!
Old 07-06-2003, 11:00 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

So feel free to do it, but I would compensate it somehow, eg. by penalizing spellcasting with lowered INT.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Where is this available? I'm replaying BG2 again and am in the underdark and sure could use a little help!
It's an Ease-of-Use component. You can dowload the Ease-of-Use mod from here.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:17 AM   #9
Grojlach
Zartan

Maybe they could implement such a feature as one of the "special abilities" you could get at high level, but at the beginning of the game it's definitely on the cheesy side. But it's your game, your decision. I wouln't use it myself, though.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:41 PM   #10
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes it is good but with GWW(ToB HLA!) you get 10 attacks per round anyway so it doesn`t matter. Or just have someone cast improved haste on you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote