Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 05:30 AM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
That sucks Andrew. At least thats all they got. I had someone break into my van once. They took 3 nailguns, 2 stapleguns, 2 saws, and a recipricating saw. About $2500 worth of stuff. 4 days before I was going on vacation to Colorado. Yes it was a fairly broke trip Stinking thieves suck! Plus I had my apartment robbed once, and a million other things. I say lets kill thieves! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I once had the pleasure of bumping in to two thieves, who were doing whatever it is what thieves do under a dashboard with those wires. It was my ex's car and i was walking her lovely little pitbull So i let him have his way with those two who were still in the car at that time. I don't think they'll ever come near that car again. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2002, 06:27 AM   #12
Vampire

oh gosh i am so sorry.... hope she is okay. How come everything sounds so bad? *huggies to u*
Old 08-06-2002, 07:23 AM   #13
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
One of the things I like about some of the Arab states:
OFF WITH THEIR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have any exact numbers, but I've read once that almost 1 out of 5 adolescents have shoplifted at least once in their lives. Not necessarily evil, as it varies from teenage girls stealing lipstick every once and awhile to guys stuffing their pockets every moment they enter a shop. But for the large majority of them - of course - it's merely a phase, to thrive after a combination of excitement, acting "tough" and having the guts to do it. Pretty painful if you end up with chopped off hands in that "experimental" phase, if you ask me... And you should do some *serious* lives threatening shoplifting to warrant chopping off someone's hands, as shoplifting concerns just *things*, mutilating someone for the rest of his life over some things he stole from a shop is barbaric, plain and simple.
And then there are indeed the points raised by Yorick, about catching the wrong guy... Pretty painful if you end up with both your hands chopped off because someone else stole some CD's.

[ 08-06-2002, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 08-06-2002, 07:27 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
The amount of hate I see here at IW sickens me sometimes.
Ditto - someone pass me a bucket.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:28 AM   #15
Lord Shield

Groj, it's one thing to disagree with someone, but he has a right to voice his view, same as everyone else

I don't agree with mutilation in any form. It would be nice if, when they're caught, they (or their parents or something) have to pay for the damage they did. Courts don't always award damages and insurance companies aren't too reliable

Old 08-06-2002, 07:29 AM   #16
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Ditto - someone pass me a bucket.[/QUOTE]If I still had an empty one, I'd pass you one...
Old 08-06-2002, 07:30 AM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

SomeGuy,I hope your sister's car is fixed up soon and am glad to hear she's moving. Sounds like an unsafe place for her children (and her!) right now. God Bless and keep her and her children safe. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2002, 07:32 AM   #18
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Groj, it's one thing to disagree with someone, but he has a right to voice his view, same as everyone else
Sure, Adam, sure. But this way he's only showing true colours and rapidly losing respect among fellow posters, and he's doing it all to himself.

[ 08-06-2002, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 08-06-2002, 07:33 AM   #19
Lord Shield

Quote:
I agree, but it's not just here. I see it on pretty much all debating threads on any site

Old 08-06-2002, 07:38 AM   #20
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Sure, Adam, sure. But this way he's only showing true colours and rapidly losing respect among fellow posters, and he's doing it all to himself. It was merely an advice, not a prohibition of any sorts.
Just try not to let it bother you, Groj. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know my comment above (which I couldn't help posting in the heat of the moment) suggests otherwise, but I really let it bother me a lot less than it used to. People have been saying the most hateful, intolerant and close-minded things on IW (not referring to you, Hierophant, this is a general comment) and the stupid thing is that they're entitled to do so (provided they don't violate the TOS in the process). (Unfortunately?) there's usually no way to change people's convictions and beliefs so while I do understand your reaction and am prone to reacting the same way it doesn't do you or anybody else a lot of good.
I'm not preaching indifference, God knows indifference is the last thing the world needs, but there are other ways to help things along... things that actually have results. [img]smile.gif[/img]