Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2003, 04:36 AM   #11
philip
Galvatron

I did [img]smile.gif[/img] We didn't have to buy presents for others till we didn't believe it anymore so it wouldn't look/feel strange.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:43 AM   #12
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Nope, never really believed in him. Always sounded too good to be true [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 04:13 PM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I believed in him. We wrote Santa letters and everything, though I don't think we posted them like some families do. I can't remember when I stopped believing or why. We always had presents under the tree from both Santa and our parents; my family's version of Santa obviously wasn't that he gave ALL the gifts . I think it's best that way - why should Santa get all the credit for the presents?!
Old 12-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #14
armakh
Manshoon

Yeah, I did until I recognized Santa's handwriting. Then the next year, my mom slipped up and wrapped something else in the special paper that they always reserved for Santa's gifts.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:03 PM   #15
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Yes, but then, I was young, naive, and guidable. It was only when I became more cynical... and more distrusting that I began to question. And I didn't stop until I had satisfactory answers - I was about nine or so - maybe ten, I forget. It matters little. Tsk. Taking me so long to become cynical - but then, I guess I used to believe what my parents told me... but now, now I am older and I know better. I guess that being "wiser" isn't always being "happier", since much of Christmas's "magic" has gone for me, and its not longer "special" as such.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:04 AM   #16
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Thanks to the Mall though, I don't believe in him anymore, long story, don't ask [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I've got all day [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 10:46 AM   #17
Cerek the Barbaric

I believed in Santa until I was around 8 or 9. My cousin was the one that spoiled it for me. I missed the "magic" that believing in Santa brought, but now that I have kids of my own, I have recaptured that feeling.

My wife always uses special paper for the gifts from Santa, but we also put gifts under the tree from us too. But as Nanobyte pointed out, my oldest one will soon be able to recognize the handwriting is the same on all the packages. No problem....Daddy has Printmaster I'll use it to print up the labels from Santa next year.

We don't have to worry about the kids finding Santa's gifts, because I hide them at work so there is no chance for them to accidentaly stumble across them.

I also pulled a trick last year that I had been planning since before we even had kids. I went to a local store and bought a pair of black rubber boots....then stuck one in between the glass doors on our fireplace. When the kids woke up on Christmas morning, it looked like Santa had gotten his foot stuck in the door as he was going back up the chimney, and that his boot had been left behind. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] When I asked the boys what we should do with the boot, they said we would have to give it back to Santa the next year....but they were so tired this Christmas Eve that they forgot to do that. So I hid the boot. If they ask, I will tell them that I DID remember to set it out for Santa, and it was gone the next day...so he must have taken it.

Of course, I'm also a practical type of guy...I have the other boot at work and I made sure that I bought a pair that would actually fit ME once I no longer have to keep up the charade of them belonging to Santa.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:34 PM   #18
Spirits forever

yeah i did when i was alot younger and i'm just 15

Old 12-27-2003, 08:01 PM   #19
Lord

Yeah, I believed in Santa. I found out he wasn't real when I stayed up all night waiting for him to come. My mom thought I was asleep, tip toed out of her room with presents in her hand, and I saw her. That is the day [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 12-28-2003, 12:09 AM   #20
Maj
Drow Warrior

My sister told me he wasn't real. She was very young too and had found my parents getting together all the gifts. They of coarse told her that Santa told them to help out or something like that, but she never really believed them. It's sad when these things happen.