Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #1
Finn
The Magister

<font color="red">
SPOILER ALERT:
</font color>

<font color="white">Okay, I have a query, most of the supporting cast/cameo mututants featured in the movie have been identified (ie, "Kitty Pryde @ Sprite @ Shadowcat, Colossus, Siryn, Jubilee, Beast among others...

I'd like to know if the kid who sticks out his tongue in the movie( he gets refered to as "Artie" by Storm when she reprimands him for being rude )...just wondering, could he be "Artie Maddicks"? And can anyone identify the kid watching tv( he seemingly changes channels telekinetically)?

Any help would be much appreciated. [img]smile.gif[/img]

</font color>
Old 05-08-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

While I cannot answer the above post, I would like to pose one of my own mutant identification questions:

I heard Mystique, as presented by the cartoon, was the mother of both Rogue and Nightcrawler. Anyone else ever heard this?
Old 05-08-2003, 12:11 PM   #3
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
While I cannot answer the above post, I would like to pose one of my own mutant identification questions:

I heard Mystique, as presented by the cartoon, was the mother of both Rogue and Nightcrawler. Anyone else ever heard this?
yeah, also Rogue in the comic, as I recall, started off as a 'bad' mutant.

Also I noticed that Colossus had a very American accent (he is supposed to be Russian) and in the credits his name is spelt Peter instead of Piotr.

[ 05-08-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 05-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
MagiK

<font color="#f683ad">In the comic version, Rogue was not mystiques actual daughter...and I never heard anything about Nightcrawler being related to her...they weren't even the same shade of blue in the comic.

Mystique raised Rogue who ran away from home...pretty much like in the movie actually....if my memory serves...After years of being an evil mutant, Rogue was tired of not being able to touch or love anyone and sought out Prof. X and asked for help. </font>

[ 05-08-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 05-08-2003, 12:37 PM   #5
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
<font color="#f683ad">In the comic version, Rogue was not mystiques actual daughter...and I never heard anything about Nightcrawler being related to her...they weren't even the same shade of blue in the comic.

Mystique raised Rogue who ran away from home...pretty much like in the movie actually....if my memory serves...After years of being an evil mutant, Rogue was tired of not being able to touch or love anyone and sought out Prof. X and asked for help. </font>
I thought Rogue turned good after killing one of the Marvels with her power.
Old 05-08-2003, 12:56 PM   #6
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MagiK:

I thought Rogue turned good after killing one of the Marvels with her power. </font>[/QUOTE]<font color="#f683ad">Well I didn't include the whole story arc in my post [img]smile.gif[/img] Im not as eloquent as Cerek But yeah she absorbed Carol Danvers personality and powers, But she went to Prof. X. because she was scared of how out of control her power was and that she could not have any human contact...she was/is a complex character and not just one dimensional...so yeah there was a lot that went into her seekingout Prof. X. </font>
Old 05-08-2003, 12:59 PM   #7
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

its well known in comic continuity. She's also the mother of Graydon Creed (villain in the comic and cartoon) after a tryst with Sabretooth (real name Victor Creed).
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #8
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

yeah, also Rogue in the comic, as I recall, started off as a 'bad' mutant.

Also I noticed that Colossus had a very American accent (he is supposed to be Russian) and in the credits his name is spelt Peter instead of Piotr.
</font>[/QUOTE]He's referred to as Peter in the comic as well. Although his real name is Piotr.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #9
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Finn, to answer your question, yes it is Arthur Maddicks.

Back on the topic of cameos, in the scene where Mystique (disguised as Deathstrike) is searching the mutant database, there is a long list of character's names from the x-universe. I managed to pick out Moira MctTaggart (I know she's not a mutant but hey..). For those who are watching X2 a second time I urge you to pay attention during this scene. Btw, what happened to the supposed Gambit cameo that was supposed to be in the rumor mill?

[ 05-08-2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Rimjaw ]
Old 05-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
Finn, to answer your question, yes it is Arthur Maddicks.

Back on the topic of cameos, in the scene where Mystique (disguised as Deathstrike) is searching the mutant database, there is a long list of character's names from the x-universe. I managed to pick out Moira MctTaggart (I know she's not a mutant but hey..). For those who are watching X2 a second time I urge you to pay attention during this scene. Btw, what happened to the supposed Gambit cameo that was supposed to be in the rumor mill?
<font color=deepskyblue>I believe it was in that same scene, <font color=orange>Rimjaw</font>. I am not good at grasping information at a glance, I have to look at something for a few seconds to "see" the pertinent information. Therefore, I missed the VAST majority of names that actually appeared on Strykers screen. The only name I DO remember seeing (because it stayed on the screen for about 1.5 seconds longer than the others) was Remy Lebeau. I suppose that is meant to serve as the "teaser" that he will appear in the next movie.</font>.