Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 09:16 PM   #11
Armisael

I liked the idea of tenser's transformation, too, until I realised that upon casting it you could no longer cast other spells. I'd prefer to have the advantage of keeping a stoneskin and mirror image up at all times.

Old 12-24-2000, 01:14 AM   #12
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

If your fighterlike, who needs spells. That's my mentality when my true bard uses tensers. Plus you get your spells back when tenser's expires, just have boots of speed or a potion of inviso ready if your protection wears off or a tatical retreat is in order to win .

Bards have LOTS of options. They are challenging because they trade off raw power to become more versatile. In other words they are great Balancers in a party. Combined powers of the mage, fighter, and thief without sacrificing quick advancemnet like you would a multiclass character.( particularly the tri-class you would need to emulate one). Plus you get lots of spell-enhancements even without the unique kit abilities which seem cool.

Of the kits I've only played a Blade way back in my first game. The true bard I'm playing now is a balancer in the party. Casting inivso on the theif for a backstab is fun and stealing from everyone too( alignment- CN). My druid Likes to summons allies, so the bard casts afterwards and they all recieve haste, hope, courage and others. And they move into battle under the guidance of a wizard eye. The Dwarfen Master of axe and hammer supports the front and is followed not far behind by a bard whooping a war song on her drum for some soul protection. I love It.
Bards are just very flexible.