Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 08:57 PM   #21
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I like Limp Bizkit, I like Fred Durst... I don't care about Wes... all I care about are the bassist and Drummer... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Try putting Tom Morello there since Rage Against The Machine is gone anyway.. and now Limp can go to hardcore to alternative and to almost everything!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:28 PM   #22
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I still say that the Limp Bizkit SUCKS AND ALWAYS WILL.

Quote:
Pink Floyd.... what about the 60's and 70's infac id say the 80's was their weakest period..
I would agree. And I am only 15. the 70's was the best I think.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:56 PM   #23
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, 60's and 70's. But i think The Wall was the best of the best. I researched them, n they rock. Wish You Were Here was a great album, and Money is the greatest song.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:04 AM   #24
-vixen

i dont like rap music...

and the reason why is cuz in my University i have these white ass dorks walking around and talking like they were trying to be one of the guys that sang "bitch bang" or somthing..

I mean why are kids growing up so retarded these days... maybe its because they are listening to tupac and thinking its cool to go shoot someone.

ITS CALLED PROPAGANDA!

..i like to listen to music that has meaning in my life... not about some music that has nothing to do what is going on with my reality.

people just dont seem to know the importance of what music really is... music is meaning... life .....devotion... and love. Music isnt suppost to be taken lierally because it is an art... and it shouldnt be sold ....it should be heared.

I dont listen to music I HEAR what it is about...

i wish i waS BORN IN THE 60'S WERE THERE WAS PEACE AND LOVE!

not just because of the pot but because people were so differnt back then. They were so peaceful.. at least they were trying to be... these days it seems people have become so cold... and only worry about themselvfs...

thats my 2cents anyways

[ 07-07-2002, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: -vixen ]

Old 07-07-2002, 12:25 AM   #25
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by -vixen:
i dont like rap music...

and the reason why is cuz in my University i have these white ass dorks walking around and talking like they were trying to be one of the guys that sang "bitch bang" or somthing..

I mean why are kids growing up so retarded these days... maybe its because they are listening to tupac and thinking its cool to go shoot someone.

ITS CALLED PROPAGANDA!

..i like to listen to music that has meaning in my life... not about some music that has nothing to do what is going on with my reality.

people just dont seem to know the importance of what music really is... music is meaning... life .....devotion... and love. Music isnt suppost to be taken lierally because it is an art... and it shouldnt be sold ....it should be heared.

I dont listen to music I HEAR what it is about...

i wish i waS BORN IN THE 60'S WERE THERE WAS PEACE AND LOVE!

not just because of the pot but because people were so differnt back then. They were so peaceful.. at least they were trying to be... these days it seems people have become so cold... and only worry about themselvfs...

thats my 2cents anyways
Heh, that's a great opinion you've got there. But that's all it is darlin' [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't be too quick to throw stones. Music can be and mean whatever people want it to.

Oh, and I hate nagging and bitching, but maybe you've got an overly romanticized view of the 60s [img]smile.gif[/img]
-Vietnam
-Cambodia
-Cuban Missile Crisis
etc etc.

Sure some smelly folk that loved hugs and cuddles managed to organize a few rock concerts, but that still happens nowadays. [img]smile.gif[/img] Nostalgia's fine, but it's better to live into now and make do with what we have.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:27 AM   #26
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I like Limp Bizkit
I like Korn
I like Music
I like Po... uh, anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I like a huge variety of music from Ska to Punk to Rap to Trance (listening to Paul Oakenfield atm ) to Techno to Rock and back again. I'm definately not fond of pop or music that is marketed solely for the masses but I'm not gonna diss ne1 that does like it, if that's what they're into, good on 'em [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2002, 12:31 AM   #27
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

As far as 80s music goes, Dire Straits Brothers in Arms would have to be my fav
Old 07-07-2002, 12:37 PM   #28
-vixen

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Heh, that's a great opinion you've got there. But that's all it is darlin' [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't be too quick to throw stones. Music can be and mean whatever people want it to.

Oh, and I hate nagging and bitching, but maybe you've got an overly romanticized view of the 60s [img]smile.gif[/img]
-Vietnam
-Cambodia
-Cuban Missile Crisis
Hierophant i wasn't talking about the war in the 60's I was talking about the civilians and music of the 1960's... the people that were fighting... were fighting a cold war.. the people at home were people protesting peace and love. My perants were hippy in the 60's, and they still are.... guess they never got out of the 60's

I don't talk about the government, or war in any timeline... becuase there is war all the time... there was war in the 20's 30's 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's ... war is everywere ... and i am not talking about war ... becuase if you think about it there is no peace in any year.

I'm talking about culture... not military or war... whos needs war.

I think you have misunderstood my opinion......

[ 07-07-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: -vixen ]

Old 07-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #29
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
I like Limp Bizkit, I like Fred Durst... I don't care about Wes... all I care about are the bassist and Drummer... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Try putting Tom Morello there since Rage Against The Machine is gone anyway.. and now Limp can go to hardcore to alternative and to almost everything!!!
Tom Morello and Limp Bizkit?!?!! are you nuts Morello ismy hero hes in civilian with chris cornell anyhow but seriously what a horribe thought
Old 07-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

It's indeed a horrible thought, but then Ii was just trying to make a point:

Wes Borland is worth jack sh*t without the make-uo SO

I think Limp can be a better band.. waaaaays better [img]smile.gif[/img]