Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Finished W8 with Flame's mod yesterday ( expert ). Great new items but unfortunatly the game was much too easy. Won against the Queen without a dead character, blew Nessie out of the shallows and killed the Souleater within 2 rounds. That was the easiest victory of all.

Wolfie wrote in his topic of another mod, but I read somewhere about it, that you can find an item from a mini boss which boosts dual wielding by 50 early in the monastery. That sounds much easier to me than Flame's mod.

Any suggestions what I can do now? I don't like solos, so the only choice maybe a party of four. Has anyone played a party of 6 rogues or fighters without any magic ? Can they win without any magic protection spells ?

Thanks

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, I did try one time with a party that had no spells. Gave up on it for several reasons: scrolls weren't as good as spells, they weren't always easy to come by, and walking around got to be a real pain. I never did that again.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I finished a Duo of Rogues and a Rogue-Fighter Duo in Flamestryke's mod. In the Mod, you get items for protection and Portal, so it's not that hard.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
xfactor
Dungeon Master

I think Flame's mod has made no-magic partys more realistic choices. The lack of Portal spells before the mod made them a bit tedious at times. It still wouldn't be an easy game without magic (assuming you go with no Bard or Gadgeteer) even with all the super weapons that you can pick up.

I'm planning a party of 3 fighters and a Bishop next, though I'm now thinking about dropping the Bishop and taking a Rogue. Not looking forward to Bayjin...

xfactor
xfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Other thing for non-magic parties of course is that there are items that replicate the major buufs such as the Amulet of Shielding which allows, for example, Fighters to invoke Missile Shield (at level 4), and the amulets for Element Shield and Soul Shield.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote