Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 07:11 PM   #11
Lord Shield

When I played through the first time, I hit the XP cap when I finished the Underdark. That still left a good 2 chapters to do! I finished that game, but those last 2 chapters I just whizzed through as there was no point bopping monsters anymore.

Old 03-28-2001, 09:42 PM   #12
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Well really it's not cheating now. TOB will ollow you to earn 8 million exp. Do you want to carry a party into TOB that's missing 1 million experience or something that BG2 wouldn't allow you to keep even though you earnt it but the expansion does. You'll be allowed all that experience eventually so might as well just have it now. The extra you earn above the cap isn't going to let you level up any more than one level anyway.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:16 AM   #13
Jasonexus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Would reloading a saved game be cheating? You can't memorize level 9 spells like time stop yet you basicly invoke what would be time reversal.
Spell Description
Time Reversal(Alteration) Level 10
Range:0 Saving Throw: None
Casting time:0 Area of Effect: Everywhere

Upon casting, the wizard or any other class, causes the flow of time to stop and revert to any previous time of his chooseing so long as the spell Save Game was invoked. This spell is useful when enemies are so powerful they kill you and multiple fights are needed to determine the best battle strategy. Also useful when you make ANY decision you don't like.
Old 04-02-2001, 06:03 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Guys, guys! Who really cares if it's cheating or not as long as you're enjoying the game? Some people like playing Elminster or Drizzt-level god players, more power to them. It's their game and their right to enjoy it the way they want to. You're only cheating yourself, at the end of the day, so where's the harm in that? If cheating would have helped you enjoy the game more, but you didn't do it, and had a lot of difficulty playing and consequently never finished the game - then you just cheated yourself out of a whole lot of fun, didn't you?

Just a note to Stiklestad: just because I'm proposing a different viewpoint to you doesn't mean you don't have the right to put your opinion on the board, ok? I don't want you to feel unwelcome just because people are disagreeing with you.

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 07:00 AM   #15
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

OK then all of you "non-cheaters" as you put it try the area i'm trying to create. how on earth are you lot going to kill the 4 liches at the same time then theres the 2 dragons. well all i'm saying is being powerful isn't cheating theres still going to be challanges in the game.

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 04-02-2001, 07:53 AM   #16
Lord Shield

XP caps are only down to programmers putting limitations. When you install the expansion, you can do the whole normal game again and gain XP for the bits you didn't before, so it's hardly cheating. I would only class using the debug codes/shadowkeeper/IEEE as cheating and, basically, who cares apart from Stiklestad anyway?