Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 02:08 AM   #1
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I got bored of BG2...
I had played a fair way through chapter 3, and then restarted.
I have now got to the drow city. I found the Underwater city section was pretty flat, and for the most part unrewarding. Then I got to the drow city, and I haven't played in a few months... I want to play, but I just can't be bothered.
Did anyone else find that the game had distinct "Flat Spots"???

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Old 03-06-2001, 02:18 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I got bored of BG2...
I had played a fair way through chapter 3, and then restarted.
I have now got to the drow city. I found the Underwater city section was pretty flat, and for the most part unrewarding. Then I got to the drow city, and I haven't played in a few months... I want to play, but I just can't be bothered.
Did anyone else find that the game had distinct "Flat Spots"???

Not really

Well the Underwater was a bit contrived IMO. Have you actually finished though Sylent? I thought you had.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 02:39 AM   #3
JJ/newbie

While the sauhigen, or whatever they were seemed like something out of a bad comic book plot, I found the underdark and the drow to the most challenging, and frusteratingly forked- in - the road part. I must have had 40 different saves before I got all the way through, because literally(omg, ability to use and spell native tongue fading fast, sucked dry by gen disc. board) every conversation you can have has different outcomes, I think I turned the city hostile like 10 times before i figured out what not to say to who - although some of it was fun in spite of the disguise provided by whats-her-name. I'm, looking forward to playing through that part again on my second go-round w/o shadowed chars, which is why i'm going to do every stinkin' quest in the whole place before going to chap 3.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-06-2001, 04:34 AM   #4
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I haven't finished it yet actually, but having written this has given me a certain inspiration!!!
Yeah, the Sauhagin (whatever) bit was a bit out of the road to me, but I think the main problem was that I played it for a little too long each day...

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 04:51 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I haven't finished it yet actually, but having written this has given me a certain inspiration!!!
Yeah, the Sauhagin (whatever) bit was a bit out of the road to me, but I think the main problem was that I played it for a little too long each day...

Sylent!!!!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 05:13 AM   #6
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Yeah, Aint I just the lowest form of deviant?
hehe

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 08:03 AM   #7
Lord Shield

I must admit the Underdark area bored him. But I trudged through, finding it more entertaining on the other side

Old 03-06-2001, 12:03 PM   #8
Marillion
The Magister

Since the Underdark area IMO is the most challanging part of the Game I can't really say it bored me.
Really liked the quest with the Silver dragon..

------------------
May Helm smile upon thee..
Old 03-06-2001, 12:39 PM   #9
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I thought the two side caves in the underdark (not the one to the Drow and not the dragon one) were two of the tougher dungeons in the game. IMHO, anyways.

BK
Old 03-06-2001, 04:32 PM   #10
Lord Shield

Yep, although the beholders are a doddle if your front fighter has the Cloak of Mirrors ("Stone yourself, a***hole" - "Ooch!" says the beholder). With this, they can only affect you with Slow or Imprisonment (an Elder Orb spell)