Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 10:08 AM   #1
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Has anyone else played Ravenloft? I am currently playing the P&P version of this system, and our gamesmaster transported us there, from the forgotton realms. This has given me an idea, and i believe that once things are up and running, i can start a ravenloft campaign. The adventures can be for people of any level, and what we are currently playing is for our level, and in one combat, half the party was killed and we have a party of 8,also an onyx dog, and a cow (don't ask). I think this could a challenge for anyone, and if anybody is interested i will see if i can get something started. I am going to university in september, and my room has a direct link to a T1 connection, so if i host anything, don't expect much lag.

------------------
"The time came to reveal his link to Ilmater; Hawk stood up, removing the sword from his chest. The other party members stood in disbelief as a full revitalised Hawk smited his opponents with Tyr's might."
Ark_Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:11 AM   #2
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Even though nobody has replied to this message, i am not giving up hope. I have a website for this now, and things are quickly falling into place. The site itself is bare, but expect good things soon.

http://neverloft.cjb.net

------------------
"The time came to reveal his link to Ilmater; Hawk stood up, removing the sword from his chest. The other party members stood in disbelief as a full revitalised Hawk smited his opponents with Tyr's might."
Old 07-03-2001, 10:40 AM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

I've got most of the 2nd Ed Ravenloft material (both boxed sets, all three books of monsters, including the feared Goblyns!, the later hardback, a few of the adventures, most of the creature source books (vampires, werebeasts, golems, ghosts) some of the boxed adventures, Gothic Earth Ravenloft and a few bits more). However, I feel that the overall feel of Ravenloft is entirely unsuibted so 3rd Ed due to the almost totally different Disneyesque style of 3rd Ed. 3rd Ed allows people to mix classes, take absurd feats, re implements most of the less desireable 1ts Ed Unearthed Arcana stuff that most of us 1ts Ed players longed to see the back of, and makes it harder to implement the full fear rules. You can't just make them Willpower save based because the conditions for fear in ravenloft are class tailored in order to make magic users more easily disgusted and repulsed by hideously mutilated corpses or sickeningly unhealthy messes, fighters more accustomed to such wrecked messe but fearful of creatures with unknown resistances, thieves disliking being alone without an escape route etc. In other words damned difficult. However, if you're still interested (remember that NOBODY can leave Ravenloft (something the you're GM/DM might not have explained to you) is one of the sacred rules, also the mist would be hard to implement, since it randomly takes the characters wherever the dark powers (the GM) wants them to go rather than emulation waypoints and teleporter pads) then by all means get in touch. Thanks for reading this.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 10:42 AM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

Oh, and I once made a list of the eleven local dialects spoken in Ravenloft, which nations speak wich, which share languages and where available the name of the language). It's on a scrap of paper somewhere, I'll see if it's lying around (somewhere in the south western quarter of my room).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 07-03-2001, 11:22 AM   #5
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Our quest in the P&P version at the moment is about some mummy. whenever it dies, it turns into a bird and flies away. we have nearly finished that specific adaventure, and yes we do know we cant leave. Our characters were forced together (my guy is on holiday... he wants to get out of here as fast as he can), and although those damned mists keep throwing us around, our primary objective is to get home. We have found plans to get back, but it involves getting some strange items. a nightmare' tale, the horn of a unicorn, and some part of a cloud dragon i cant remember among others. This is the problem i am facing. How do i stop people from leaving. We basically, i can't. I intend to be in control when i play a muliplayer game. The scripts of the game are very engineerable (see bioware.com, it uses a form of C)m which means i can assign horror checks to monsters. failing them, i can assign things like nightmares and rage to people. as for the mists themselves...

Take a cloud spell, like cloudkill eg. Remove the properties, change the colour. cast it a couple of times on the party. It doesnt appear to do anything. Load up a new area of the module, and put the people in it by any means neccessary (probably teleport without error, or something). Viola! They are in Ravenloft, whether it be Markovia or Nova Vassa etc.

------------------
Old 07-03-2001, 11:24 AM   #6
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

it's alright for source material, our GM has everything TSR has ever produced, along with other systems by other companies.

------------------
Old 07-05-2001, 07:39 AM   #7
ecarletti
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ravenloft will be edited for D&D 3E
by Arthaus (a White-Wolf company).
May be they will have good ideas to
implement fear and horor check. If
you need some information, go to :
http://www.kargatane.com
It's the official Ravenloft site.
ecarletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 02:43 PM   #8
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you. I heard of the site before, but didn't know the address.

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 10:24 AM   #9
Balgin
Elminster

I see no problem in making creatures force psychology tests. The problem is implementing a new form of saves into NWN, putting class and race based modifiers on saves may be possible but the ammounts of modifiers would probably create a lot of lag.

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Old 07-06-2001, 02:10 PM   #10
Ark_Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Originally, i was going to do this for my roleplay group. As we have just done our A-Levels, we are going our separate ways... to university. Fortunately, all of our group are going to universities that has T1 access directly to the rooms in the halls of residences. Lag won't be a problem for us. Obviously it will be for everyone else, but after seeing the graphical quality of the game, it will probably lag like hell online without any special modifiers

------------------