Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2000, 08:04 PM   #1
Pegasus

Sad to see that I came across another bug. I don't know if this one was posted before but here goes. After completing the Assasin quest,which is killing Morde Grue, everytime you enter the Pawn shop with your Assasin, the guild merchant keeps awarding you with 2500gp's and 2500 exp.
Old 12-27-2000, 04:47 AM   #2
Gauleiter

I brought this ancient post back up to the top for a couple of reasons:

1) Though people refer to the Town Hall and Jathil bugs with an eyeroll and barely concealed mirth ("Well, if all else fails, there's always the Town Hall gold..."; in fact, very recently someone responded to a Priest question by saying something to the effect of, "You can always head back to Ishad & cash in on Jathil..."), this extremely powerful exploit, known for all this time, is all but forgotten among the W&W community. For the benefit of you poor cheaters languishing in the Town Hall, who have yet to try this: this bug is unlike any other documented so far in the game. Click away for five minutes and leave the room; return in an hour or so and find yourself in possession of a Lvl 20-something Assassin with more than 4 *million* gold in his pockets. It is incredible that people can forget something so amazing, yet a quick search reveals that Pegasus's ancient post is the only one to mention this exploit, whereas one will find countless hundreds discussing both Town Hall and Jathil, both quite mediocre in comparison.

2) A corollary: the Pawn Shoppe in Brimloch also works (I assume that Pegasus was referring to Ishad's Shoppe).

I don't intend to spread cheating, but it is my opinion that, since cheating will always occur among a certain percentage of the gaming population, it might as well be done correctly and efficiently!
Old 12-27-2000, 08:46 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Gaulieter, I mentioned the Jathil bug as help for that guy, for the specific purpose that the guy had a priest quest that he seemed to have a bug on. He was concerned about not reaching Priest guild level 5. I gave him advice on the quest, but also told him if he wasn't getting anywhere that he could fall back on Jathil for the purpose of guild level. I don't condone using this bug to gain experience - that is a personal choice for everyone to make. Yes, I am aware that Grue Morde is worth a lot more, and I have seen it posted. It is also true that the stone of clover is worth twice as much again, and if you have installed the patch and done both, then there is no way to avoid the extra 7,500 experience you get by entering the pawn shop - even if you only wanted to train in lockpick.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote