Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I have the most recent patch to Baldur's Gate, the Original Saga. (That is to say, BG without TotSC.) I'm running into computer errors, especially in the city of Baldur's Gate. Sometimes when my party moves to new map areas of the city, or enters houses, the game will crash to desktop, and I'll get an "assertion failure at line 1066--demand for WED file failed" message. Does this happen because I patched the game? Or is there another patch I haven't found yet that will correct this?

Speaking of patches, I tried downloading Baldurdash's fixpack to correct a few minor errors, like the crash-to-desktop when entering the Jovial Juggler or the greedy conversation options with Tremain Bel'Adair. Tried is the word--the links to the fixpack downloads are bum links, and I've surfed Fileplanet and Downloads.com in vain looking for it. Are the fixpacks hosted elsewhere?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:40 AM   #2
Grungi
Banned User

i used to have that error too in baldurs gate, totsc fixed it when latest patch was applied, try entering the map section from a different angle then come back the way you came before (ie if its centre section and it crashes entering from right come in from the left that worked for me plus i could go in the houses with no probs) failing all that get totsc and patch it up
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If entering a certain area will reliably crash your game, it's almost certainly a problem with the *.BIF file for that area. Reinstall, and hope the file is transferred from CD to hard drive correctly this time.

If it still doesn't work, your CD itself may be scratched or corrupted, and that is a badness. You may try to borrow a set of CDs from a friend, and performing a FULL install with their discs.

I don't know if the "greedy conversations when talking to Tremain Bel'adair bug" was ever fixed. My suggestion: Don't use the greedy conversation options. [img]tongue.gif[/img] (As if you were tempted to, anyway.)