Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Right now. Tom Mitchell, a member of Jimmy Buffet's Coral Reefer Band, is visiting the other associate in my department (his cousin). He's standing right outside my office door -- even the partner who hired me is buddying up to him (he's a big Buffet fan). Buffet plays tomorrow here in Chicago.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:12 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Right now. Tom Mitchell, a member of Jimmy Buffet's Coral Reefer Band, is visiting the other associate in my department (his cousin). He's standing right outside my office door -- even the partner who hired me is buddying up to him (he's a big Buffet fan). Buffet plays tomorrow here in Chicago.
You gonna score some free tickets?
Old 06-27-2003, 07:56 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I quit ohhhing and awwing since my husband got his job, he has met Hacksaw Jim dugan, numerous drummers, and another wrestler, but forgot who, he is now a bouncer at a night club here see Arkansas is not so bad, this is where celebs go to get away from it all
Old 06-27-2003, 11:17 PM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Closest I got to a "Celebrity" was chatting with Steve Irwin
Old 06-27-2003, 11:29 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Cool, My little brother, who is a freelance roadie, goes fishing with Jimmy Buffet's drum-tech. It's a small world after all! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2003, 11:42 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

I shook hands with the Queen once. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 01:20 AM   #7
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

I seen Dr. Mahatiah on television...
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Old 06-28-2003, 01:36 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Hey! I partied with Robert O'Riley (That is Chancellor Gawron on Star trek)

Also met 7 of 9, Enos from Dukes of Hazzard (hehe) the guys from Starwars (Wookie and C3PO) and Janeway, The Holo Doc, and others.. (back in the early 90's)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 06-28-2003, 01:48 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I've had a few brushes with celebrity...I was at a friend's house when Sasha (big UK DJ, plays in Ibiza and used to play at Renaissance) played a private set at his place a few years ago when he was in Sydney. Got to meet the bloke, have a chat and party with him.

I used to see Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman quite a few times when he was married to Nicole, they used to have breakfast and have a run at Watson's Bay and we'd see them around a lot - their kids went to the same school as a friend of my sister's. Still see Nicole and Antonia now and then.

I've met Russell Crowe in the lift at the W Hotel where my girlfriend Taryn is staying a few times, he lives in the penthouse (which takes up the entire top floor).

I met and had a drink with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss at Goodbar when they was filming Matrix I here in Sydney as I know the owner of Goodbar. I also met Bono from U2 in the toilets at the same club when U2 came here in the early 90s. I was still at uni and he was taking a leak next to me.

During the end of the Sydney Olympics I ended up at Maurice Greene's private party at Establishment nightclub as my girlfriend at the time worked there and got the bouncers to let me and a couple of friends in. Got to shake his hand.

Sydney can be a small world when it comes to the nightlife that counts.

When I was in LA once I was in a club called the Roxy and I ended up at the bar with Christina Applegate, back when she was still in Married With Children. Absolute babe. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

[ 06-28-2003, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 06-28-2003, 01:55 AM   #10
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Hey! I partied with Robert O'Riley (That is Chancellor Gawron on Star trek)

Also met 7 of 9, Enos from Dukes of Hazzard (hehe) the guys from Starwars (Wookie and C3PO) and Janeway, The Holo Doc, and others.. (back in the early 90's)
Dude, My dad is friends and business associates with Enos. My other younger brother has played golf with him on occasion. Curse me for forgeting his name right now. Is it Buddy? Hmmm... Its late and I forget. Hehe it is a small world.

I guess I should mention my dad pays old T.V./Movie/Sports celebrities to sign Autographs at his retail stores ( he sell autographs) In the past he has hired the surviving munchins from the wizard of oz, Tabitha from B*Witched, and others I can't think of right now.

Also my aforementioned brother claims to have smoked a blunt with Snoop-Dog during the up in smoke tour a few years back. Of course he could be Bull-Shizzling for all I know,

[ 06-28-2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]