Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2003, 05:33 AM   #51
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
no skin off his nose (No pun intended! I think! doh! )
Damn! I wish I'd thought of that.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-07-2003, 05:58 AM   #52
Grojlach
Zartan

You know what's the most ironic thing of all? Jackson's record sales have increased with 400% to 500% (!) in Britain after this interview... It is expected that something similar will happen in the US as well.

Of course, it doesn't say how many CD's he was selling before the interview... Selling 10 instead of 2 CD's is a relatively speaking huge increase, but it's not really that impressive as saying that sales have increased with 400% to 500%.

[ 02-07-2003, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 02-07-2003, 06:15 AM   #53
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
[QB]Even if you don't agree with who he is and what he does, Charlie, I think it's not fair you call him an arshole.. for any reason.QB]
I'm not after arguments. Any person I suspect of child abuse will always and forever be an arsehole in my mind, irrespective of their talents or mental capabilities.

If I thought Stephen Hawking a child abuser....I'd call him an arsehole.

M.J in my mind doesn't only have a talent for music.....ahem..

P.S. I've seen children dressed in veils and babies hung over balconies....the unstable, dangerous practises of an arsehole imo.

P.P.S. Spot on LZ, and put in a nutshell.
[/QUOTE]Amen. Charlie! We all know if this was ANYONE else, they would be in jail for life.. It's these PARENTS that ALLOW this that are even sicker.. I bet he pays them to let them sleep over.. just guessing.

I don't own any of his music, and will NEVER play it on IW Radio, that's for sure..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-07-2003, 06:35 AM   #54
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
It's these PARENTS that ALLOW this that are even sicker..
While we're on the subject, here's another news article from the BBC:

Mother wants son to stay with Jackson

A mother says she will send her 10-year-old son to stay with Michael Jackson, despite his controversial television interview.
Jackson has been criticised after admitting that he still shared his bedroom with children.
But Gaynor Morgan, of Altrincham, Greater Manchester, said she was happy for her son Alex to visit the pop star's Neverland ranch.
Ms Morgan, 28, said she had been "impressed" with the way Jackson came across on the ITV documentary, Living With Michael Jackson.
She said she had spoken to her friend, the singer Johnny Mathis, who said Jackson "was a good, loving person".
The daughter of former Manchester United and Scotland footballer Willie Morgan added: "That was good enough for me. I am planning on taking my son there later in the year.
"I would not have a problem with Alex staying at Michael's ranch," she told the Daily Express.
"I was so outraged by people's immediate insinuations about children after the interview with Jackson, and so impressed by how he had come across that I said I would love to meet him."
Following the documentary, which was broadcast in the UK on Monday, Ms Morgan contacted Mr Mathis and asked him to arrange a trip to Neverland for her son.

Caused outrage
She said she had received a number of calls from children's charities she had worked with in the past, thanking her for speaking out in his favour.
She added: "It is all yet to be arranged but I'm hoping to go over later this year. Whenever Michael is free, I'm free."
Jackson, 44, caused outrage when he admitted a 12-year-old boy regularly stayed at his mansion and slept in his bed
He said: "It's very loving. What's wrong with sharing a love?"
The documentary is set to be shown in America on Thursday night.

Source: BBC

[ 02-07-2003, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 02-07-2003, 07:32 AM   #55
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Question Mark

Um, Grojlach, Grojilach, Groljach, Gorgelbak, Grojloar, Grolijjac, Groialj, Graham, Gorljhac, Grolsch, George Lake, Grollich, Bob, GrawLich, Groach, Growing Lich, Lester, Dave Grohl, Grobbel, Gorbachev, Grojilik, Gobbels <--- Tack that one on...
That's one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. The other would be the removal of a human botfly from a 5 year old's eye.
Botfly Removal
^--- You've been warned, it is disturbing.

[ 02-07-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Oblivion437 ]
Old 02-07-2003, 08:54 AM   #56
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I don't see the big deal about hanging his kid over a balcony. When I was little my dad used to hang me over bridges over rivers for a laugh. And it was just that: a laugh. He would never let go and he was easily strong enough to hold me. Period. What's the big deal?
However, that's just for that issue. I had no interest in seeing the documentary, never liked MJ, never listened to his stuff, don't really give a damn about him, he does sound pretty crazy from accounts on here.

[ 02-07-2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-07-2003, 09:02 AM   #57
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Groj's ever-growing list of degenerations of his username:
Grojilach, Groljach, Gorgelbak, Grojloar, Grolijjac, Groialj, Graham, Gorljhac, Grolsch, George Lake, Grollich, Bob, GrawLich, Groach, Growing Lich, Lester, Dave Grohl, Grobbel, Gorbachev, Grojilik.
ROFLMAO! That list is getting better every day
Old 02-07-2003, 09:57 AM   #58
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I saw the interview here in the states last night. Some observations:

1. The baby-over-the-balcony thing is simply a goof. I wonder how many times when I was young my father or uncle tossed me a bit too high in the air and thought, for a brief moment "Oh, s**t, oops" I know I've done it with my little cousins.

2. Shawls and masks on the kids: at least they'll be left alone when they go out without him. I think it's an inventive attempt to protect them from the trappings of fame. It may not be a *good* attempt, but it's inventive.

3. He has a good voice. You may not like how he uses it, but he has a good voice.

4. He's very very weird - but that's not a crime. He's very very weird - but that's not a crime. He was beaten and molested as a kid and has never matured and knows nothing but the trappings of fame - none of which is a crime.

5. I really don't think he's molested any kids. Remember the burden of proof folks? Don't you think if there were a case to be made, some 15-minutes-wanting prosecutor would have done it by now? Mckulay Culkin (however you spell it) confirms his harmlessness, as do many others. Liking kids is not a crime. His childishness is goofy and silly and weird, but I really don't think he's done what's been alleged. As for the one lady who sued - hell, I could take any person who'd ever gone to that nut-bin called Neverland and get a few million alleging a bunch of BS. Know anyone who's been there? Send 'em my way.

6. If any reporter followed you around for 9 months, I'm sure they could come up with 2 hours (less commercials) of bad footage.

7. The reporter pisses me off the most. All he had to say was bad, yet he showed very little evidence of it. If I were MJ, I'd use some of my $300 mil to make this guy disappear painfully and quietly.

8. Barabara Wa-wa pissed me off too. The way she couched the show at the beginning and at every mid-point was much too leading. Can't reporters just report.

9. God, I hate reporters. Did I mention that? They're the lowest of the low - and that's coming from a lawyer.

10. I'm reminded of his song "Just Leave Me Alone" - I kinda liked that one.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #59
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Timber, do you have any clients that would pay $29 million to get rid of a lawsuit for something you were innocent of?
Old 02-07-2003, 10:36 AM   #60
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Timber - yep I agree reporters and lawyers can both be lowest of the low