Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
The Trickster
Manshoon

I don't know if any of you guys have any idea for what I should do, but I'm having major problems with a particular website. I have always purchased DVDs from www.dvd.com when the Region 1 version of a film is better than the Region 4 one. This has never been a problem before, but the last six weeks have caused me quite a lot of stress.

I ordered Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition and Brazil Criterion Edition. For anyone who doesn't know, Criterion editions are extremely expensive (close to $50 American Dollars). www.dvd.com told me that they shipped them on the 30th of July, but I still haven't received them. Every other time I've ordered, it has taken around a week to arrive here in Australia in my mailbox, but now it's been 2 months!

I have sent them about 6 emails to 6 different departments, and I've sent them 2 faxes over the last 6 weeks, but they haven't responded in any way. They state on their website, that if you don't contact them before 60 days have passed, then they are not responsible for the package any longer. I've tried and tried! I think that's disgraceful, and I want to know what I'm suppose to do. Just accept that my money is gone and that I'll never receive the DVDs?!!! They don't have any other contact details and I don't know where to start.

Any ideas?
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

Is it possible that they're held up in customs?
Old 09-27-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
The Trickster
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I guess it's possible, but how will I find out?
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 09-27-2002, 08:34 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by The Trickster:
quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
I guess it's possible, but how will I find out?[/QUOTE]It kinda goes back to getting a hold of the company who sold them to you in the first place for a trace # on the order. I suppose you could try contacting your local customs office and see what they can do to help you out, but I don't know how helpful they'll be. Usually if it's a customs problem, they'll phone and let you know, at least in Canada anyway. I'm assuming of course that the DVD's that you ordered are legal in your part of the world, although I see no reason why the wouldn't be.
I'd suggest picking up the phone and seeing what you can do. I didn't see a phone number on their website, but you know the city and the name, so you should be able to find a phone # for them. Good Luck and don't give up!
Old 09-27-2002, 10:52 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well if I was a governmental search program, seeing the worlds "Brazil" "Criterion" "Ultimate" and "Terminator" would SORT of clue in into putting those items up for inspection... just saying... I once ordered a film called "How To be the Assasinator" and it took almost a YEAR to get here [img]tongue.gif[/img]