Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 12:58 AM   #11
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
My wife agrees with you, John D! She has a Mac and I have a PC...and we're still married, LOL!!

Mixed marrage Huh?
Come into the Light

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 07:49 PM   #12
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Hey Saz ! another font site....

http://www.fontguy.com/

I'll bump if you don't see this before you return from eating all the cajun food...

mmmmm boudin... dirty rice... red beans and rice.... gator.... shrimp... oysters.... cornbread... jambalaya... catfish... red snapper... gar...

------------------

[This message has been edited by RudeDawg (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 08:06 PM   #13
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Ouch! Losing anything you worked hard on is a pain! I suggest that once your system is installed and you have replaced any programs/files that you would consider as part of any base install, that you use a utility such as Symantec's Ghost to create an image of your system. That way, anytime something goes wrong, it takes FAR less time and effort to get yourself back to a functional system. You just restore your base image, and any non-essentials you backed up after the image.

"I thought computers were designed to make life simpler. I was wrong. The net result is you can now lose MUCH more in a single wrong move than ever before!"

------------------
DawnChaser aka Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

[This message has been edited by DawnChaser (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 08:08 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Just as an update...Fortunately, I was able to find all my favorite fonts from several locations around the Internet (and thanks, RudeDawg, for the tip! I've got that site as a new bookmark now). Having to restore a computer is hell on wheels, let me tell you!

Keryvian, my sympathy is with you, too! I at least did back up "My Documents" and any other folder I could think of...I just forgot about my Fonts directory! Well, things are back to normal, relatively so. Now I need to redo my Windows color scheme, for the flat gray windows interface is really starting to depress me.

Well, another project looms!

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-10-2001).]
Saz! Glad to hear your font woes are over. I DO know about restoring things...sigh, I've had three hard drives go belly up at the office over the years and my brand spanking new Gateway two yrs ago, showed up on my doorstep with improperly loaded software from the factory.....Guess who was walked through a hard disc wipe and reformat over the phone a week into owning her new pc!? And because it's a 20gb hd, the tech gave hasty instructions for re-installing my Win98 and software and hung up! Thank God I've had experience loading software for several years now....because more thatn half the tech's instructions and information were useless!

Sure hope you get all your programs and apps back and properly customized!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever