Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 01:39 PM   #1
iyke

OK there must be a bg3 veteran expert here who can kindly help with my problem: Up to a certain point in chapter 3 (i think) I had the beginings of a romance with the lovely Jaheira - I even bought her the keepsake locket for sale in the docks. But then things quieted right down for ages, which I've heard is normal - but during chapter 5 Aerie came on really strong; I was even offered the chance to lay with her. But the thing is I really WANT Jaheira - I dont want to go on living if she doesnt want me. PLEASE TELL ME does the game engine now regard Aerie as my only love interest permanently, or will Jaheira come through in the end ? I must know this soon before I do something stupid... thx

Old 11-17-2000, 08:05 PM   #2
Armisael

Well I'm not certain, but I've got an idea that Jaheira's romance is somewhat reliant on her whole Harper quest. How far into that are you?

Old 11-17-2000, 08:11 PM   #3
iyke

- The last I remember she had renounced her allegiance to the harpers (after the first summoning and battle at harpers hold). Also , I have an unfinished quest from chapter 3 where she is told to return to the hold or be killed .

Old 11-18-2000, 09:21 AM   #4
Mustang
Welcomed New User

You may have a bug, or you did something to make Jaheira mad accidently. There is a conversation with Aerie and Jaheira where you have to chose between the two. They cat fight, and Jaheira asks you to let Aerie down easy. You have four options, two take Jaheiras side, and two take Aeries. As I remember it, the first two will cause Aerie to go with you, and you have to let Aerie down easy to end her romance and chose Jaheira to keep Aerie in your party. If you chose option 2, which was something like "No way Jaheira, I like Aerie", it's all over. You've chosen Aerie as your love partner and Jaheira is out. If you didn't get this conversation, then you probably encountered a bug and may have to go back to an earlier game where Jaheira was talking to you and tell Aerie it's over.