Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2000, 06:36 AM   #11
Armisael

You could try the console command CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1). Don't know if it will work.
I'm an AD&D fan, so it doesn't really count that I'm on my second way through the game, but, well, it's a lot of fun. I'll probably play it through again as a thief or somesuch before I move on to IWD.
Athkatla is the City of Coin. On a sidenote, how come everyone has so much trouble saying 'Athkatla'?

Old 11-15-2000, 06:50 AM   #12
Ramon

I tried CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1), but I got an error message. Setting the GLOBAL to 2 or 3 didn't work either. So either it won't let anyone enter it OR it means the value is 1 already. Do you know of a method to check this state in the savegames? Obviously it must be in there.

Well, my ex was very much into AD&D and we played a bit of pen and paper, but basically I am a CRPG fan. Don't play any other computer games except RPGs (coz they take long to finish and are intellectually challenging, hehe). I don't have so much time for it though

Athkatla. Not difficult to pronounce, just difficult to remember, lol.

Well, probably I'll get a few people frowning here, but I like Icewind Dale more than BG 2. The fact that you can create a whole party I find better. Of course it can be done in BG2 too, but then you miss the story and gameplay of NPCs, which is what the game is designed for.

Maybe I'll play tonight a bit and see if I can beat the astral level.

Old 11-15-2000, 10:17 AM   #13
-SiNCuBuS-

Just a quick reply on those %^&*wits in the sewers...
basically the party is easy so long as u can take out that mage up the back (yep the one casting all the nasty spells ) and that axe throwing guy. So b4 i went in i pumped up my party, and then ran in, and as soon as that dwarf finished talking, i put a chaos right in the middle of them which sent all but two of them either running around or attacking each other (hehehe ). I then sent my fighters to take out that annoying mage up back (threw a breach at him to get all those protection off first tho) then the other mage thats left casts strength on all their party...actually helping me! So then i just sat back and watched them rip each other to shreds. After they'd finished i took out the remaining guy

kinda lucky i know, but the CHAOS spell helps a lot with these guys

Old 11-15-2000, 02:21 PM   #14
Ramon

Well, okay thanks. I'll remember that. However, once I beat them the victory tasted sweeter than sugar, lol. Especially that Gaius mage. He was the only one remaining in the end. I whacked him with the last Fireball that Nalia had. He was from 'Injured' to D-E-A-D!! Whaaa!

Old 11-18-2000, 08:54 AM   #15
MoKsha

One thing that might help with the Lovely Lady J is :
q uicksave
check you quicksaved..(G)
kick j out of your party
she drops a big hint and asks you to confirm you're kicking her out..
You apologize, take her back in.

This doesn't restart a romance as far as I know but it's a good check -if she isn't interested/the romance really is off she just goes.

And if the romance is over you might want the chicks download. Worked for me! (And it seemed, tho can't say for sure, that the "romances" pick up where you left off rather than starting all over again, which is good for those low on tact/sycophancy...)

Also Jaheira doesn't speak for a long, long time at some points...