Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 11:01 AM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi everyone, just by curriosity, what are your favorite attack spells?

Personnaly, I would go with the following, but I'd like to check what others may think (you never know, I might be missing something).

1- Icestrom
2- Lightning
3- Demonic Fist
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My favorites are:

Elemental Blast
Demonic Fist
Incinerate

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
Moni

1) Whirling Dervish
2) Lightning
3) Demonic Fist

: )
Moni
Old 04-01-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

My top 3 are based on use from early in the game to the end #1 Burning Haze #2 Fire Storm #3 Meteor Storm. Special recognition goes to Incinerate and Dust to Dust that took me through the Serpent Temple realitivly unscathed

------------------
chance favors a prepared mind
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 02:33 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

1) Pain (One that can be used under water)
2) Dust to Dust (for the really bad undead)
3) Ice Storm (for those hot-headed demons).

A special Honorable Mention goes to "Spectral Raven" just because I love the effect so much (and most opponents have no resistance to it).

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 03:00 PM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

1) dust to dust
2) meteorstorm (I use it on large groups and Mantraps, looks great from the distance)
3) face of death

------------------
Adam Mage/Warlock
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 09:06 PM   #7
slug
Manshoon

i think i most often used incinerate out of the fire school, meteor storm from stone, and ice storm from moon.

sometimes for fun, i would line up some rogues or muts or trolls and turn my back to cast the circle fire spell. if i stayed on that spot they would stand there and burn to death all in a row.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 10:24 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I agree, Slug, "Circle of Fire" is another fun spell. I call it "Flaming F*rt" since that's what it resembles. Another plus: it extends through walls. It's one of the only things you can do if you have the Mantraps chasing you back to Ishad N'ha: climb the wall, turn around, and cast it at them, and listen to them crisp!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 11:09 PM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

1. Firestorm or Icestorm (depending on the bad guy)
2. All three Teleporting spells (without them I might have gotten tired of running back and forth)
3. Rebirth or Resurrect (without them I wouldn't have made it)

I know this is more than three really, but not if you look at it from my point of view.

Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 11:50 PM   #10
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

My favorites are:

1. Meteorstorm. I love this spell. I used it to take out the Naga, Elyssia, and those Amazoni mantraps.
2. Burning haze. It is fun to watch some of these creatures sit and roast themselves because they can't move out of the way.
3. I don't really have another favorite. I use firestorm, icestorm and incinerate in about equal numbers.

Magna bomb is as useless as boobs on a bull. I have gotten better results from Flamestrike.
Some fun effects are to cast dementia on the different varieties of fish and watch them miss each other for hours.
I also like to cast circle of fire on the leader of a group on monsters and watch him roast his own support group.

Knarfling

Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote